Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neil Lennon appointed Bolton Wanderers manager

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Surprising appointment. Thought he would command too higher a wage for what I believe is a skint football club

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
As a Celtic follower I've got a lot of time for Lennon but not sure how good he really is as a manager - think certain jobs suit certain people and it all fell into place for him at Celtic.

Albion100

Jan 4, 2013
Patcham
I think this will be a good appointment for Bolton. Admired him as a player and he did a good job at celtic, although in an easier league than the championship.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Being manager of Celtic is no yardstick to being manager of a football club in the English League. Myself and a couple of chimps as assistants could probably manage Celtic to the SPL title.

Like they always do, I'd still get found out in Europe when faced with non SPL opposition.

No need to worry about the Bolton Debt. They can afford Lennon. Despite being umpteen billion trillion or whatever it is in debt, Gartside said a while back "its not cause for concern" or words to that effect. There you have it - How to deal with debt? Just don't worry about it.......

Fat Sam, Freedman and now Lennon? Bolton do employ some unlovable types. Billy Davies next when it all goes belly up with Lennon?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Being manager of Celtic is no yardstick to being manager of a football club in the English League. Myself and a couple of chimps as assistants could probably manage Celtic to the SPL title.

Like they always do, I'd still get found out in Europe when faced with non SPL opposition.

No need to worry about the Bolton Debt. They can afford Lennon. Despite being umpteen billion trillion or whatever it is in debt, Gartside said a while back "its not cause for concern" or words to that effect. There you have it - How to deal with debt? Just don't worry about it.......

Fat Sam, Freedman and now Lennon? Bolton do employ some unlovable types. Billy Davies next when it all goes belly up with Lennon?

It is a worrying thought that Ronny Delia is that clueless that the population of Drusillas and the average fan could make a better fist of things than him. If your that bad a manager you can screw up being the only club in a one team league, then it has to be said, he needs to rethink his career options. I say that, and knowing my luck, we'll end up getting him if/when Sami walks. What a frightening thought....

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
It is a worrying thought that Ronny Delia is that clueless that the population of Drusillas and the average fan could make a better fist of things than him. If your that bad a manager you can screw up being the only club in a one team league, then it has to be said, he needs to rethink his career options. I say that, and knowing my luck, we'll end up getting him if/when Sami walks. What a frightening thought....

Definitely a case of when not if, I am surprised he has not walked already.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'd imagine that making a success of Bolton will be a bit more challenging than Celtic. He's got to be better than Freedman though.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

The debt is all to Wanderers' owner Eddie Davies - not banks and other financial institutions. It's really no different to Chelsea/Abramovich or, say, Albion/Bloom.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here