Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bristol City

Members

Bristol City

1 Not allowed!
    I see they are really struggling without Baldock.

Top of their league.

Top goalscorers of their league......and all this DESPITE Cotterill being their manager.
    "After an investigation, Crystal Palace have been docked points for cheating." -Playforyourclub.com

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Have we been mugged again?
      WEST STAND ANDY

0 Not allowed!
      Possibly

2 Not allowed!
      Looking at it more objectively: City were always amongst the favourites for League One this season. They finished last season on very good form and might have got close to the play offs if it wasn't for their appalling start & flirt with relegation.

They kept their side together in the main, and added some good players (Luke Ayling, Kieran Agard who scored 20+ goals in that league last year).

It's surprisingly common for a team that sells their seemingly invaluable top scorer to continue to flourish without him. The good football and supply of chances continues regardless, to be taken by whoever else takes up the mantle. I suspect they've probably become more expansive without Baldock, as previously he was probably the focal point of the side, whom all play subconsciously flowed through. Now they can use different options.
      The lady has foolishly attempted to join the conversation with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own. What half-baked drivel! See how the men look at her with utter contempt.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by edna krabappel View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Looking at it more objectively: City were always amongst the favourites for League One this season. They finished last season on very good form and might have got close to the play offs if it wasn't for their appalling start & flirt with relegation.

They kept their side together in the main, and added some good players (Luke Ayling, Kieran Agard who scored 20+ goals in that league last year).

It's surprisingly common for a team that sells their seemingly invaluable top scorer to continue to flourish without him. The good football and supply of chances continues regardless, to be taken by whoever else takes up the mantle. I suspect they've probably become more expansive without Baldock, as previously he was probably the focal point of the side, whom all play subconsciously flowed through. Now they can use different options.
      Far too objective for a Sunday morning.
      Mugged I tell ya!

0 Not allowed!
      Haha, I don't necessarily think their success has any bearing on Baldock's value, either.

And it's a bit too early for us to tell anyway, given his lack of games.
      The lady has foolishly attempted to join the conversation with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own. What half-baked drivel! See how the men look at her with utter contempt.

0 Not allowed!
      Now owned by Stephen Lansdown (of Hargreaves Lansdown fame)

A chap who is most certainly not skint.
      You can tell them all that we'll stand or fall for Sussex by the Sea

3 Not allowed!
      It's surprisingly common for a team that sells their seemingly invaluable top scorer to continue to flourish without him.
      Oh, the irony...
      Members

0 Not allowed!

Am I missing something regarding us selling Ulloa then?

0 Not allowed!
      I realise there is some irony in the above, yes.