Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I see they are really struggling without Baldock.

Top of their league.

Top goalscorers of their league......and all this DESPITE Cotterill being their manager.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Looking at it more objectively: City were always amongst the favourites for League One this season. They finished last season on very good form and might have got close to the play offs if it wasn't for their appalling start & flirt with relegation.

They kept their side together in the main, and added some good players (Luke Ayling, Kieran Agard who scored 20+ goals in that league last year).

It's surprisingly common for a team that sells their seemingly invaluable top scorer to continue to flourish without him. The good football and supply of chances continues regardless, to be taken by whoever else takes up the mantle. I suspect they've probably become more expansive without Baldock, as previously he was probably the focal point of the side, whom all play subconsciously flowed through. Now they can use different options.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Looking at it more objectively: City were always amongst the favourites for League One this season. They finished last season on very good form and might have got close to the play offs if it wasn't for their appalling start & flirt with relegation.

They kept their side together in the main, and added some good players (Luke Ayling, Kieran Agard who scored 20+ goals in that league last year).

It's surprisingly common for a team that sells their seemingly invaluable top scorer to continue to flourish without him. The good football and supply of chances continues regardless, to be taken by whoever else takes up the mantle. I suspect they've probably become more expansive without Baldock, as previously he was probably the focal point of the side, whom all play subconsciously flowed through. Now they can use different options.

Far too objective for a Sunday morning.
Mugged I tell ya!

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Haha, I don't necessarily think their success has any bearing on Baldock's value, either.

And it's a bit too early for us to tell anyway, given his lack of games.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Now owned by Stephen Lansdown (of Hargreaves Lansdown fame)

A chap who is most certainly not skint.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton

Am I missing something regarding us selling Ulloa then?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I realise there is some irony in the above, yes.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
I'm sure if we can be bothered we can think of many cases where a top scorer is sold but the team copes fine without him, However maybe in this case they sent us the wrong bloke. It's a great script for as film as I've said before.
I see they are really struggling without Baldock.

Top of their league.

Top goalscorers of their league......and all this DESPITE Cotterill being their manager.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
its all about getting a decent replacement in at the same time,look at Bournemouth,sell Grabban and get in Callum Wilson.

BristolPete

Sep 24, 2014
, However maybe in this case they sent us the wrong bloke. .

Well, we tried to put you off, saying we didn't need the money, hanging on til the end. Pointing out one or two of Sammy's foibles to BHA types visiting our forum. But you insisted. You wouldn't leave it.

Try L1 again in January. Top scorer is Doyle at Chesterfield (15 already!) and two at our place yesterday. Swindon, Posh and mk have got goals in them, loads. Preston have Garner. Rochdale have scored a few.

Our top scorer is 34. Past it. I wouldn't bother coming back to us. And our manager, you can keep your big boy Championship hands off (for now. Until further notice/ inevitable run of poor results at some point) he's a thick, West Country idiot. Like the rest of us.

Check out Swindon, posh, mk........

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
And our manager you can keep your big boy Championship hands off (for now. Until further notice/ inevitable run of poor results at some point) he's a thick, West Country idiot. Like the rest of us.

That is one prize pillock that no club would want. His side always played better than their opponents but were unlucky to lose and deserved more. I am sure he would say that if you lost 10 - 0

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here