Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
blackie-280914-l229-1974900_478x359.jpg

Jay Blackie
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 12th October 2014
by James Hilsum
It’s given us a break from the league and it now gives different players an opportunity show what they’ve got."
Jay Blackie

Brighton & Hove Albion women’s team captain Jay Blackie is relishing the challenge of taking on Derby County in the Premier League Cup on Sunday, 2pm kick-off.The midfielder says it will be a good experience to play against the Rams for the first time and is eager to erase the memory of last Sunday’s disappointing 4-1 defeat to Charlton.
She told seagulls.co.uk, “I’m really excited as it’s a different team to play against. I haven’t played against them before and I’m sure many of the girls have.
“It’s given us a break from the league and it now gives different players an opportunity show what they’ve got.
“Everyone is disappointed from last week and is raring to go again, so we need to get that defeat out of our system."

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Blackie also believes that playing against a team for the very first time can bring its own set of advantages and feels Albion have as good a chance as anyone to win the competition.“As we don’t know what Derby are like, we can just go out and concentrate on ourselves and it won’t allow us to think too much about their strengths and weaknesses.
“Any team has the capability to go on and win the Premier League Cup. A lot of it depends on the way your fixtures fall and whether you have to play home or away, because you could end up travelling right up to the other end of the country.
“That can always have an effect, although it’s usually the best side on the day that goes through - but everyone has a chance.”
[h=3]ALBION V MIDDLESBROUGH
[/h]SATURDAY 18TH OCTOber, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V ROTHERHAM
[/h]SATURDAY 25th OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v WIGAN
[/h]tuESDAY 4TH NOVEMber, kick-off 7:45pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here