Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC Music Advert.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I must be getting old as my first thought to this new advert was 'How much of my license fee did this cost?'. Hopefully the musicians did it for free promotion of themselves especially as some of them seem to work for the beeb.

My secondary thought was can I name all the artists? The answer is no. I'm missing about four.

Can anybody name them all?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
All I can say is this: Dave Grohl appearing in the clouds? Conclusive proof he is God.

The Campanologist

Sep 1, 2014
I saw this for the first time tonight, apologies if it's six months old.
[video]http://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=XqLTe8h0-jo[/video]

All I got with that is an advert for a Lexus and some video about Minecraft. One of us is going to look really stupid.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I must be getting old as my first thought to this new advert was 'How much of my license fee did this cost?'. Hopefully the musicians did it for free promotion of themselves especially as some of them seem to work for the beeb.

My secondary thought was can I name all the artists? The answer is no. I'm missing about four.

Can anybody name them all?

I think it's being released as a single (do they still call them "singles", kids? :ohmy: ) for Children In Need, if that makes you feel any better about the cost :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I wasn't sure about a few of them either :) #old

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
There's a few there that are definitely "on trend", that people will look back in 20 years and think "Ohhh yeah, I forgot about them"

That said, it's a stunning and well choreographed version of a fantastic song. Top work to those involved.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I'm snobby enough about my music taste to be grateful that I don't know a fair few of the manufactured and pretentious dickheads in that video. Half the ones I do know I can't stand. :p

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Being as down with the kids as I am, I can confidently state that One Direction are on it.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I loved perfect day when that came out for children in need and this is also as good. Great to see Brian from the beach boys on it too. He did write it didn't he?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Doubt it cost that much, concert hall, few studio shot and load of green screen. Elton John's rider was prob most expensive aspect of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here