Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has anyone been to a game today?

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
I saw a full house at Wimbledon (as they're now called, and hooray for that) beat league leaders Bury 3-2. Nice old fashioned ground, great supporters in their 'north stand', I laughed and laughed at their songs.

Bayo Akinfenwa, 'The Beast', the biggest footballer in the world, scored 2 lovely goals, there was a pen for Bury, two former MK Dons players came on for Bury ("You franchised b@st@rds, you know what you are")!

Truly a club with heart, world renowned for it's Roy of the Rovers spirit. Sounds like they're likely to return to Plough Lane in 2018 in a new Emirates-style development, I'm sure a lot of BHA supporters would raise a glass to that.

But the songs, check out http://terracechants.me.uk/club/chants/AFC+Wimbledon/best, best of which was the Champagne Song:-

We are Wombles, we are Wombles
super Wombles, from the Lane.
we are Wombles, Super Wombles

we drink champagne.
we snort cocaine.
we've got ladies over here.

you've got s**t jobs.
you shag your dogs,
and your wife is on the game.

we are Wombles, we are Wombles
we are Wombles, Super Wombles

we drink campari.
we drive Ferraris,
we've got Wombles in our lives.

you've got bus stops,
second hand shops,
and your mum's in reader's wives!

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Hastings United 4 - Guernsey -1 , attendance 435 . :)

A fine start for new manager Dom Di Paola with a Hat-trik from U's striker Kenny Pouge .

BristolPete

Sep 24, 2014
Bristol City 3 Chesterfield 2.

Despite selling our top scorer in August (!) we are currently experiencing few difficulties in breaching L1 defences.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I saw Whitehawk v Chelmsford in the FA cup - bloody brilliant game, ended up 4-4!!

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
NI v faroes, enjoyable. NI looked better than their southern neighbours, but a bit vulnerable at central defence, and didn't like look so good once making subs

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Poor old Horsham got trashed 0-3 by Folkestone at Goring's Mead, don't think I've seen the Hornets score for about four games!

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
went to lancing vs ringmer lancing had player sent off and had their goalkeeper go off injured with dislocated shoulder and ringmer were too strong for lancing and came out 4-1 winners

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Another at Whitehawk, cracking game. 0-2 after 4 mins, then 3-2 up, including a cracking thunderbolt goal, only for Chelmsford to make it 3-3 at half time.

Hawks then went ahead only for CC to have a pen. it was saved but quicker to the rebound for 4-4. Jake Robinson was credited with 2 goals, but not so sure 2nd was his.

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
Another at Whitehawk, cracking game. 0-2 after 4 mins, then 3-2 up, including a cracking thunderbolt goal, only for Chelmsford to make it 3-3 at half time.

Hawks then went ahead only for CC to have a pen. it was saved but quicker to the rebound for 4-4. Jake Robinson was credited with 2 goals, but not so sure 2nd was his.

Was sat behind the goal, 2nd goal was definitely Jake's

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Was sat behind the goal, 2nd goal was definitely Jake's

2nd of game certainly was, classic Jake but do you mean the 4th, his 2nd? I thought somebody had to scramble it over the line, but you would have been in a better position from me, on the sidelines.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here