Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

William Hague

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Planning to retire from front line politics at the next election, regardless of anyone's politics a big loss to this country with the developing international situation in the middle east. (apologies if fixtures)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
very odd how he left the Foreign Office, not of his making or even awareness from what is known.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Not really too bothered by politicians ... seems to be all about who can do the best convincing rather than doing.

In saying that, I put Hague up there with the very best; genuine and committed and as good a statesman as we have had for many years. Certainly streets ahead of the mass produced/production line slippery slidy's that litter every party

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Arise , Lord Hague of Rotherham.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
He failed when he became the main cheerleader for the Syrian people to take up arms to topple Assad, and then blamed him for defending himself. He even thought that a missile strike on Assad was in our national interest.

So I am not surprised he was moved out of the Foreign Office and now wants to slip quietly out of politics.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Planning to retire from front line politics at the next election, regardless of anyone's politics a big loss to this country with the developing international situation in the middle east. (apologies if fixtures)

with a bit of luck the tw@t will lose his seat anyway

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
From the moment that obnoxious smug schoolboy got up at the Tory Party conference and made that speech extolling the virtues of right wing politics in general and Thatcherism in particular, I've never been able to wish him anything other than plague and pestilence.........

.......even when he occasionally said something sensible in later life.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I met him 6 or 7 years ago, when I went to a smoking ban lobby at the Houses of Parliament. Really nice guy, very engaging, and down to earth. He bought all of us who had attended a pint in the bar there, and seemed genuinely shocked and surprised when I bought him a drink in return, and agreed with those of us who attended about the smoking ban being over the top. I agree that he would have made a fine Prime Minister for us.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014

Not for me, smug, sanctimonious with a touch of professional Yorkshireman.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Love this man very much. Probably the best Prime Minister this country never had.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Was always looking to save the country money by sharing rooms with aides whilst out and about so just in that respect he was one of the good guys.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Love this man very much. Probably the best Prime Minister this country never had.

Well he had his chance in the 2001 election and failed miserably. Maybe with age he has become more statesmanlike thanks to dumping the baseball cap and getting a beard.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
with a bit of luck the tw@t will lose his seat anyway

Not in Richmond, it is the safest Conservative seat in the country.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here