Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion can cope - but I'm gutted about latest injury [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion fans have been told their team can cover for the injured Andrew Crofts.
But ex-skipper Adam Virgo admits he is bitterly disappointed for his sidelined former team-mate.
Virgo, who watches the Seagulls regularly in a media role, believes his old club are well equipped in midfield.
They must cope without Crofts, who has a serious knee injury, for the rest of the season.
Dale Stephens and Solly March are also out of action.
Virgo, who suffered knee injuries himself, said: “It’s a massive blow for Crofty and he is a good person, which makes it worse.
“They could look to the loan market but they also have options. Gary Gardner has come back in and I thought he did a decent job when I saw him against Cardiff.
“Paddy McCourt is decent. He could fit that role.
“There seems to be good cover in midfield which is one consolation as far as the team goes.
“It isn’t the worst position to lose a player from that point of view.
“But I’m absolutely gutted for Crofty.
“He has come back to the club from Norwich a better player than he was first time around.
“It’s tough from the psychological point of view.”
Virgo is pleased Crofts agreed a contract extension recently, taking him through until June 2016.
He added: “That’s no consolation to him right now but it means he will not be in the situation where he is looking for a new contract next year having hardly played any games.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here