zamo-l229-2002027_478x359.jpg

Albion legend Bobby Zamora
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:55 11th October 2014
by Luke Nicoli
The next step is the Premier League but that is a big, big step"
Bobby Zamora

Brighton & Hove Albion legend Bobby Zamora says the club has adopted the correct policy in its bid to try and win promotion to the Premier League.
The Seagulls are at a disadvantage to many clubs in the Championship, who can fall back on their top-flight parachute payments when it comes to signing players, but Zamora says chairman Tony Bloom is right in not trying to 'chase the dream'.
"The next step is the Premier League but that is a big, big step," Zamora told Seagull, the club's matchday programme.
"You don't want to go up and be out of your depth which is why I think Tony [Bloom] is right to do things steadily rather than splashing the cash and crippling the club later on.
"The pressure there is bigger now than the more relaxed atmosphere I remember. Obviously we wanted to do well but it was almost a case of 'just go and enjoy yourself' back then. The further up the pyramid you go, the bigger the pressures."

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Zamora is back in the Premier League this season with QPR, having scored the winner in last season’s play-off final game against Derby, but he admits the Championship remains as competitive as ever.
"I'd been in the Premier League for quite a few years and almost took it for granted, so playing in the Championship against last year was a shock.
"It took a while to get your head round it. Look at Fulham. They've tried to do it with kids and I don't think you can do the Championship with kids. It’s too tough a league physically."
A full interview with Bobby Zamora can be found in the Cardiff City issue of Seagull, available in the Segulls Store and online priced £3.50.[h=3]ALBION V MIDDLESBROUGH
[/h]SATURDAY 18TH OCTOber, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V ROTHERHAM
[/h]SATURDAY 25th OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v WIGAN
[/h]tuESDAY 4TH NOVEMber, kick-off 7:45pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here