Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gogglebox

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
Are these real people? Or are they made in some sort of stereotype factory? The lilt ladies from sarf lahndahn, the gay guys from Brighton, the posh couple the asians etc etc. Who the f**k has that sort of reaction when watching TV? No-one that's who.
If it was actual real people on this shite show and not a bunch of noddy mugs they would be occasionally glancing up at the tv with indifference whilst using their lapop or tablet.

Oh look the ISIL are at it again and we're all going to die of E-BOLA *goes back to facebook, likes a photo*

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Read in a paper that the posh couple are looking to get a tv chat show deal. Absolute nobodies.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Are these real people? Or are they made in some sort of stereotype factory? The lilt ladies from sarf lahndahn, the gay guys from Brighton, the posh couple the asians etc etc. Who the f**k has that sort of reaction when watching TV? No-one that's who.
If it was actual real people on this shite show and not a bunch of noddy mugs they would be occasionally glancing up at the tv with indifference whilst using their lapop or tablet.

Oh look the ISIL are at it again and we're all going to die of E-BOLA *goes back to facebook, likes a photo*
http://metro.co.uk/2014/10/06/goggl...allagher-sign-up-for-charity-edition-4895375/

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

So, not a fan then?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i frequently rant at the TV. i probably rant at googlebox too.

does it affect your sensibilities that some stereotypes might actually be based in reality?

Ceej

Feb 1, 2013
Manchester
After a bit of a dip, I thought it back to its very best last night. Quality TV. (Just don't give any of them their own show) .

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
When i was over in the UK last April I was round a friends house after the City Ground bonanza and him and his mrs were watching this. I'd never seen it before and thankfully never seen it since. Each to their own but it's absolute garbage of the highest order. They don't make tv like they used to that's for sure. Back in my day you could leave your back door open...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They don't make tv like they used to that's for sure. Back in my day you could leave your back door open...
You still can, and you won't need to worry about shit broadcasts when you get back.

Am I right in thinking there's a George on the show, who went on to do Celebrity BB? As Catherine Tate would say, what a load of old shit.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It's just about worth watching for Leon, he's good value... but the rest???

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Its car crash TV of people watching car crash TV, but I watch it..

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I can't stand most television these days, apart from great series like breaking bad, blacklist etc... And good sport.

Goggle box is my 1 exception. It can be very amusing, especially the German fella.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Gogglebox is the intellectual's answer to Big Brother.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Quality rant and spot on

It ain't real

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It's good value tv IMHO. Laura nearly had a heart attack when the opinionated woman from brighton said that if nurses were any good they would have trained to be doctors. Her gay son and the Greek Cypriot husband are brilliant too. Gay guys from brighton are hilarious and the vicar is great, although her husbands running battles with the dog is great telly!

The Asian guys from derby seem good fun and of course the old guy and his bickering wife are brilliant.

My favourites apart from the two black girls are the German family, esp the boyfriend who doesn't say anything but you just know he is going to murder them one day!

This weeks one about the dogs in vietnam being stolen and sold to restaurants was harrowing in the extreme! Very upsetting

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here