Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Comedy Festival 2014

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Starts tonight with the Opening Gala at the Dome hosted by Adam Hills.

Anyone else got any shows lined up to attend over the course of the festival?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I was at Komedia last Friday night, Romesh Ranganathan was absolutely incredibly funny. Top performance from him, and [MENTION=1318]Comedy Steve[/MENTION] who laid into some vocal twats before and during the first act.

Jul 7, 2003
McIntyre performed a good half hour stint for the second year in a row. Raganathan is talented and Adam Hill really knows how to Improv

Enjoyed the evening. Only poor performance was Jo Brand and although Suzi Ruffell was funny, she has hardly changed her act since last year. I thought the young lad (Elliott Steel?) did well, despite the microphone problems. This was the second year we have been and always good value for money as well as being for a good cause.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I was at Komedia last Friday night, Romesh Ranganathan was absolutely incredibly funny. Top performance from him, and [MENTION=1318]Comedy Steve[/MENTION] who laid into some vocal twats before and during the first act.

I was there that night too. Great stuff.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Mark Steel pretty good did about 2hrs 15".

He inevitably got some Palace/Albion digs in, including showing a picture of him in an empty Amex claiming "that was when a game was on" which I felt obliged to heckle.

PG

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Saw Pete Firman (cheeky trickster) at the Pavilion (Dome Studio) on Saturday night. He was very good - I like the format as well of a fairly short one hour show for a relatively low price (£15) leaving time to go for beer/dinner afterwards.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I saw Rob Beckett last night and was very impressed, some bits had me nearly crying with laughter. At the end of the show he stood by the exit and personally thanked everyone as they left, which was a nice touch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here