Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Car drivers should be microchipped

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
After the recent debate regarding cycles and whether or not they should have number plates it became obvious to me that car drivers are getting away with all manner of illegal activities and these should not go unpunished.

They:

• Break the law by speeding.
• Break the law by going through traffic lights when they shouldn’t.
• Fail to indicate at junctions and roundabouts.
• Park in illegal and dangerous places.
• Drive the wrong way down one way streets.
• Drive in the wrong lane when driving on motorways etc.
• Overtake dangerously.
• Take know notice of zebra crossings.
• They don’t even pay road tax!!!
• Basically act like some kind of lord of the manor just because they have a car, jeez it’s not the 1920s now, having a car doesn’t make you some kind of middle class guru, despite what the daily mail may lead you to believe!!!
• Etc etc etc.

All these things are antisocial, dangerous, inconsiderate, and mostly illegal. Many people die or are injured yearly because of car drivers, please lord don’t let it be a child next. I remember the old days when I was possible to cross the road blindfolded and no harm would come to you, now crossing in hi-vis clothing with flashing lights and 110 dB alarms whilst looking isnt safe, it’s just not on.

So all car drivers should be microchipped, it should be legal requirement before driving. A small GPS device should be implanted that monitors their speed and location, in addition car drivers should be forced to wear cameras which face the road. All this data would be uploaded to a central system which would be analysed for any dangerous behaviours outlined above, most importantly to make sure all car drivers pay road tax.

Obviously car drivers who don’t break any laws or rules won’t mind having this as they don’t have anything to worry about. It’s only fair that the law is honoured and this is clearly the way to ensure that happening.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
That microchip should also be able to read and transmit to the local authorities the drivers blood alcohol level and test if there are any other drugs in the system and maybe 2 way telemetry so that the authorities can 'disable' the motorist remotely.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
pb21;6606121 After the recent debate regarding cycles and whether or not they should have number plates it became obvious to me that car drivers are getting away with all manner of illegal activities and these should not go unpunished. They: • Break the law by speeding. • Break the law by going through traffic lights when they shouldn’t. • Fail to indicate at junctions and roundabouts. • Park in illegal and dangerous places. • Drive the wrong way down one way streets. • Drive in the wrong lane when driving on motorways etc. • Overtake dangerously. • Take know notice of zebra crossings. • They don’t even pay road tax!!! • Basically act like some kind of lord of the manor just because they have a car said:
Corrected for you below,

As both a car driver and a cyclist, and after the recent debate regarding cycles and whether or not they should have number plates it became obvious to me that cyclists are getting away with all manner of illegal activities and these should not go unpunished.

They:

• Break the law by speeding (rare, but does happen)
• Park in ianti-social and dangerous places.
• Ride the wrong way down one way streets.
• Ride on pavements endangering others around them.
• Undertake dangerously.
• They don’t even pay insurance
• Basically act like some kind of lord of the manor just because they are a holier than thou enviromentally aware geek, jeez it’s not the 1920s now, having a bicycle can make you part of the past if you do not realise that the internal combustion engine has been around for over a century, despite what Caroline Lucas and Jason Kwikrap would have you believe!!!
• Etc etc etc.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Yaaaaawnnnn "ohhh look at me saving the environment and keeping healthy up here on my bike looking down on anyone else who doesnt cycle, ill protest and argue anything fot the sake of it because im soooo great, everyone should be free to have an opinion. ......as long as its the same as mine or the minority (always side with the minority as it makes me "different" and cool)"

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
After the recent debate regarding cycles and whether or not they should have number plates it became obvious to me that car drivers are getting away with all manner of illegal activities and these should not go unpunished.

They:

•Break the law by speeding.
•Break the law by going through traffic lights when they shouldn’t.
•Fail to indicate at junctions and roundabouts.
•Park in illegal and dangerous places.
•Drive the wrong way down one way streets.
•Drive in the wrong lane when driving on motorways etc.
•Overtake dangerously.
•Take know notice of zebra crossings.
•They don’t even pay road tax!!!
•Basically act like some kind of lord of the manor just because they have a car, jeez it’s not the 1920s now, having a car doesn’t make you some kind of middle class guru, despite what the daily mail may lead you to believe!!!
•Etc etc etc.

All these things are antisocial, dangerous, inconsiderate, and mostly illegal. Many people die or are injured yearly because of car drivers, please lord don’t let it be a child next. I remember the old days when I was possible to cross the road blindfolded and no harm would come to you, now crossing in hi-vis clothing with flashing lights and 110 dB alarms whilst looking isnt safe, it’s just not on.

So all car drivers should be microchipped, it should be legal requirement before driving. A small GPS device should be implanted that monitors their speed and location, in addition car drivers should be forced to wear cameras which face the road. All this data would be uploaded to a central system which would be analysed for any dangerous behaviours outlined above, most importantly to make sure all car drivers pay road tax.

Obviously car drivers who don’t break any laws or rules won’t mind having this as they don’t have anything to worry about. It’s only fair that the law is honoured and this is clearly the way to ensure that happening.
Boring
[emoji468] [emoji598] [emoji590] [emoji597] [emoji603] [emoji604] [emoji600] [emoji594] [emoji595] [emoji592]

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
The way technology is advancing, nothing would surprise me really. In Russia it is law to have a dash cam. That self driving google car. Black box car insurance.

Boy racing might be impossible in 20 years time.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Corrected for you below,

As both a car driver and a cyclist, and after the recent debate regarding cycles and whether or not they should have number plates it became obvious to me that cyclists are getting away with all manner of illegal activities and these should not go unpunished.

They:

• Undertake dangerously.
• Basically act like some kind of lord of the manor just because they are a holier than thou enviromentally aware geek, jeez it’s not the 1920s now, having a bicycle can make you part of the past if you do not realise that the internal combustion engine has been around for over a century, despite what Caroline Lucas and Jason Kwikrap would have you believe!!!
• Etc etc etc.

I think you might be missing the point of the list in the OP, turning the arguments drivers frequently throw at cyclists against drivers themselves.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

They:

• Break the law by speeding.
• Park in illegal and dangerous places.
• Drive the wrong way down one way streets.
• Drive in the wrong lane when driving on motorways etc.
• Overtake dangerously.
• They don’t even pay road tax!!!
• Basically act like some kind of lord of the manor just because they have a car, jeez it’s not the 1920s now, having a car doesn’t make you some kind of middle class guru, despite what the daily mail may lead you to believe!!!
• Etc etc etc.

ive been spittin feathers on the other thread so missed this. youve gone the pisstake route; champion work fella.:thumbsup:
(statin the bleedin obvious) they still wont get it:facepalm:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Corrected for you below,

They:

• Undertake dangerously.
• Etc etc etc.

the other fella was a lot funnier than you

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Yaaaaawnnnn "ohhh look at me saving the environment and keeping healthy up here on my bike looking down on anyone else who doesnt cycle, ill protest and argue anything fot the sake of it because im soooo great, everyone should be free to have an opinion. ......as long as its the same as mine or the minority (always side with the minority as it makes me "different" and cool)"

you could not have misjudged it more.
you feel that the righteous are looking done on you cos you are
scraping around in the gutter failing to come up with a reasoned response

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
you could not have misjudged it more.
you feel that the righteous are looking done on you cos you are
scraping around in the gutter failing to come up with a reasoned response

You use roads, roads cost money, I pay tax on fuel/road tax to pay for roads, I then get told by cyclists im in the wrong for driving (I obide by the laws of the road, unlike alloy of cyclists riding two sometimes three wide), , roads now have cycle lanes paid for by the motorist, I do not have roads closed and extra policing/medicics etc for a race (as a car driver I dont race) however as already mentioned I do pay for the road unlike the cyclist, im just waiting for someone to blame thatcher on this thread.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Also as mentioned somewhere else my car was hit by a cyclist undertaking as I was stationary at traffic lights, the clingfilm dressed moron then shouted abuae at me ! I WAS STATIONARY AND HAD NO IDEA TGE BUFOON WAS UNDERTAKING ME! If he had some kind of licence plate I could have reported him for dangerous riding,colliding with my car as well as aggressive and abusive threats

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
You use roads, roads cost money, I pay tax on fuel/road tax to pay for roads, I then get told by cyclists im in the wrong for driving (I obide by the laws of the road, unlike alloy of cyclists riding two sometimes three wide), , roads now have cycle lanes paid for by the motorist, I do not have roads closed and extra policing/medicics etc for a race (as a car driver I dont race) however as already mentioned I do pay for the road unlike the cyclist, im just waiting for someone to blame thatcher on this thread.

fyi; no road tax since 1937, its VEHICLE EMISSIONS DUTY.:facepalm:the road budget is not hypothercated; all tax payers contribute, how many times?
stop being so precious, no one has told you you are wrong for driving
economical with the truth? youve never accelerated towards an amber or broken a speed limit, EVER
i have addressed your highlights, the rest is meaningless drivel, like i have already said, no reasoned response, you mindless twonk :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 22389

I think the OP is missing the point.... Motorists can easily be traced by virtue of the plate. Cyclists remain anonymous.

As a car driver and a cyclist I agree. I will take a plate, but is must fit underneath the saddle. Please charge me £10.00 a year for cycling too, but please put that money in to safe cycles lanes and paths so we can all stay away from cyclist haters.

I'm off for a herbal tea and get the lycra on.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Also as mentioned somewhere else my car was hit by a cyclist undertaking as I was stationary at traffic lights, the clingfilm dressed moron then shouted abuae at me ! I WAS STATIONARY AND HAD NO IDEA TGE BUFOON WAS UNDERTAKING ME! If he had some kind of licence plate I could have reported him for dangerous riding,colliding with my car as well as aggressive and abusive threats

maybe he knew you

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here