Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George Barker

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
We ( Tranmere ) have just signed him on loan for a month

Know he is at Swindon now but wondered if you feel he would do a job at league two level based on when he was with you?

BTW Brezovan had a much better game for us Tuesday and was brilliant in our penalty shoot out

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Brezovan is a penalty KING.

Its the one aspect of keeping that he is genuinely really good at.

There was lots of debate on here before cup games, in recent seasons, about holding back a sub if a game went to extra time, to bring him on for any shoot-out.

We thought of it way before Van Gaal!

(Barker's not great. Sorry)

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brezovan always starts well at clubs, and tends to save penalties on his debut. Nice guy. Wish him well.

Barker: no feelings about one way or the other. Can't see him ever making it as a Football League striker. Probably be in the Ryman League within a couple of years.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
We never saw much of Barker, but he was with us some time and didn't make much of an impression - I don't think he tore too many trees up whilst out on loan, either. You'll be better placed than us to say how he is!

As for Brez, glad he's doing alright. He'll not go down in our history books as our best ever keeper, but he seemed a thoroughly nice bloke and did a good job for us when called upon. Plus he's not bad on the eye.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Was never going to make it as a regular player for us , League 2 is about his level but he would be truly amazing at somewhere like Eastbourne Borough.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I saw Koumas was playing for Tranmere the other day,is that the FLAIR-KING Jason Koumas? Is he still amazing?

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
I saw Koumas was playing for Tranmere the other day,is that the FLAIR-KING Jason Koumas? Is he still amazing?

Hes not the same player he once was but hes a legend for us and has basically played for free for the last two seasons - hes on a next to nothing wage

He has the head and the passing range but has lot some pace, the problem he has is Koumas can pick up a pass and ping it with 100% accuracy but the players at our level just do not read the game as quick as him

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
Thanks for all the replies,

Will let you know how Barker gets on, as for Brezovan it was only his second appearance but is in goal Saturday and if he plays well he will keep it

Everyone you hear at the club says how nice Brezovan is as a person

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Delighted Brez is beginning to play better. He'll have some very good days and some absolute stinkers. As others have said, great on pens.

Barker, never rated him and again as others have suggested, his level is probably non-league at best.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I haven't seen much of Barker, so I am no expert, but he seems to have great feet and good close control. If he can learn to do this with his head up he could be a superstar. Until then enjoy him beating players all the way to the blind alley.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here