Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Manager 2015 - The Official Thread

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
So, with the big day (7th of November) fast approaching, and with a video full of new features to be seen here:

http://www.fmscout.com/a-football-manager-2015-preview-videos.html

or in list form here:

http://www.fmscout.com/a-football-manager-2015-new-features.html

It's time to start the build-up for the latest iteration of possibly the most addictive game on the planet. What teams are we all looking forward to managing (beyond the obvious, of course) and which of the new features are we most looking forward to?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Got Staines Town to the Prem in 10 seasons on 14 but got bored after two seasons at midtable in the Prem. Unfinished business to be resumed when the beta version drops!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
What are the tablet versions of FM like?? Off on hols in a few weeks and woulldn't mind getting it for that.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
So, with the big day (7th of November) fast approaching, and with a video full of new features to be seen here:

http://www.fmscout.com/a-football-manager-2015-preview-videos.html

or in list form here:

http://www.fmscout.com/a-football-manager-2015-new-features.html

It's time to start the build-up for the latest iteration of possibly the most addictive game on the planet. What teams are we all looking forward to managing (beyond the obvious, of course) and which of the new features are we most looking forward to?
For me, the in-depth job interviews, coaching styles and financial updates are probably the more appealing things on that list (which probably says a lot about the mentality of FM players).

I'm hopeful that this year the functionality will exist to allow me, for no reason, repeatedly criticise a manager/club of my choosing in the press, just to screw with them. A better resigning process would be nice too, maybe give a reason why, have a press release after and so on...

As for who I'll start with, it'll probably be Macclesfield with my experience set as a Sunday league player. Marvellous.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
FM15 all seems a bit "meh" so far for me, not really any newer features which jump out as being that great either. The layout looks a bit better and the interview system is a bit more realistic - but it looks as if it wont be that much different than FM14.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
What are the tablet versions of FM like?? Off on hols in a few weeks and woulldn't mind getting it for that.

They're not a patch on the normal version, but they can be decent timewasters. I would have killed for a tablet with FM on it on recent 14 hour flight.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
For me, the in-depth job interviews, coaching styles and financial updates are probably the more appealing things on that list (which probably says a lot about the mentality of FM players).

I'm hopeful that this year the functionality will exist to allow me, for no reason, repeatedly criticise a manager/club of my choosing in the press, just to screw with them. A better resigning process would be nice too, maybe give a reason why, have a press release after and so on...

As for who I'll start with, it'll probably be Macclesfield with my experience set as a Sunday league player. Marvellous.

Another hoping for this. I love getting into the head of the virtual Steve Cotterill, he always rises to the bait.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
So, has anyone downloaded and played the Beta yet?

Thoughts if so?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
So, has anyone downloaded and played the Beta yet?

Thoughts if so?

Had a quick game with Brighton last night, seems complicated at the moment but I'm sure I'll pick it up after a good session tonight! My 4-2-4 got torn apart by Toulouse in our opener and I'm sure there was an absence of Gary Gardner in our side..

Very early observations: formations are more flexible and scout reports feature pros and cons for transfer targets which is helpful. Will be interesting to see what kind of difference the 'tracksuit'/'tactical' manager options have, nothing noticeable so far.

Kemy said he wants out straight away which is a bonus!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Had a quick game with Brighton last night, seems complicated at the moment but I'm sure I'll pick it up after a good session tonight! My 4-2-4 got torn apart by Toulouse in our opener and I'm sure there was an absence of Gary Gardner in our side..

Very early observations: formations are more flexible and scout reports feature pros and cons for transfer targets which is helpful. Will be interesting to see what kind of difference the 'tracksuit'/'tactical' manager options have, nothing noticeable so far.

Kemy said he wants out straight away which is a bonus!

Just fixed Gardner so he'll be with us in time for the full release of the game.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I find I don't have the time for the 'Full Fat' version anymore (wife/family/work etc) so have to make do with the tablet version which is fine for me. Bonus now is that it looks good on the iPhone 6 plus!

Started a new game of FMHH14 last weeks as Eastbourne Boro - doing ok so far. Anyone know when FMHH15 might be coming out?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here