Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jimmy Case

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
It was bizarre that in that classic Liverpool starting line-up of 1979-1980-1981 Case was the only player not representing his country. Always a fans' favourite though, at LFC and here.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Decent reposte by Case. Samson sounds like a right tw*t.

How many times have you slept on a park bench Jimmy?

Last edited:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
If he had played for England, he probably wouldn't have been sold to us, so it's just as well he didn't.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Worked with him briefly at a Radio Station in Southampton.

I didn't mention I was a Brighton ST holder and being an annoying 20 year old work-experience guy, I assumed he wouldn't be fussed talking about us or his time here, especially as he went on to bigger and better things.

The moment my boss told Jimmy I was a Brighton fan well, you couldn't stop him talking about his time here and asking about the club. Top bloke.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
mans,man was Jimmy, I enjoyed every game he played for us

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Certainly one of the best players never to have been capped.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Thanks for this memory in particular, look at those expectant faces about to go beserk.

Case.jpg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Although Case was part of a Liverpool team that swept all before it, it didn't mean he was the best English midfielder around at the time. I can't remember who was picked ahead of him, but there was no widespread feeling at the time that Case should have been picked, or that he was somehow being left out for the wrong reasons.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Worked with him briefly at a Radio Station in Southampton.

I didn't mention I was a Brighton ST holder and being an annoying 20 year old work-experience guy, I assumed he wouldn't be fussed talking about us or his time here, especially as he went on to bigger and better things.

The moment my boss told Jimmy I was a Brighton fan well, you couldn't stop him talking about his time here and asking about the club. Top bloke.

I was at the Goldstone when the news that Case had been sold to Southampton was released. I told Ron Pavey ( I think it was him anyway, long time ago now) that it was a shame. He disagreed and told me it was a great bit of business for the Albion as Case's legs had gone :rolleyes:

He went on to do as well for them as he had for us. Case's goal against Sheffield Wednesday in the FA Cup semi-final is in my top three Albion moments though.

Have to say that he was a totally useless manager.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
:facepalm:

Mind-numbingly ignorant comment.

Strange how his only other job was at Bashley and his successor managed to pull off the great escape from the almost impossible position we were in. Managing Brighton was not easy in those days but both Lloyd and Gritt as well as Brady did a decent job. Case was a ****ing disaster as Brighton manager and was rumoured to be half cut at some games...possibly the most clueless manager we have had in my time watching the Albion, imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here