Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
mccourt-l229-2002049_478x359.jpg

Paddy McCourt
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:10 10th October 2014
by Luke Nicoli
When you’ve only got a year, it gives you that edge to your game because you’re playing for your future"
Paddy McCourt

Brighton & Hove Albion midfielder Paddy McCourt is hoping to stay at the club beyond the end of the season.
The amiable Irishman penned a one-year deal when he arrived from Barnsley in the summer, but he’s hoping to impress in the coming months to earn a new deal.
“I’m highly motivated and will be giving everything to try and extend my stay here,” the 30-year-old told Seagull, the club’s matchday magazine.
“When you’ve only got a year, it gives you that edge to your game because you’re playing for your future. I’ve only been here a short time but I’m really enjoying it; Brighton’s a great club with a great set of lads.”[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

McCourt missed Albion’s pre-season campaign, having only signed for the club in mid-August, but he’s started to feature of late and is keen to get a run in the side to show his undoubted potential.
“I’ve been working hard on the training ground, putting in a lot of work with Tom [Barnden], but there’s nothing like playing games for your fitness and I’m sure that the more I play the better I will feel.
“I’m not a naturally fit lad; some players I’ve worked with can go a month without training and return the next day as if they’d never been away, but I have to work on my fitness.
“I always work hard on the training ground though and as long as I’m injury-free and playing then I’m fine.
“The sports science and training facilities here are top class, so there are no excuses that way. It’s up to you as an individual to make sure you put yourself in contention to play and hopefully in the coming weeks and months I can earn my place in the side.”
A full interview with Paddy McCourt can be found in the Cardiff City issue of Seagull, available in the Seagulls Store and online priced £3.50.[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V MIDDLESBROUGH
[/h]SATURDAY 18TH OCTOber, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V ROTHERHAM
[/h]SATURDAY 25th OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v WIGAN
[/h]tuESDAY 4TH NOVEMber, kick-off 7:45pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here