Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it me? Or is the News just sheer Hollywood these days

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Months ago, Russia were the new evil of the world, now, I have heard **** all since Ebola and Isis.

What? Are they not news worthy now?

It's an odd thing. International news priority based on the latest scare mongering machine that is 21st century news media.

It seems our modern leaders are led by morons.

Ebola has been dealt with too casually
Russian aggression is now somehow irrelevant
Isis advances close to Turkey are now being dealt with whatever may seem popular.

Israel aggression against Palestine? That's pretty much a non story now it seems

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
Because only 'scary' news sells. I refrain from watching/reading news for 4 or 5 days of the week. If there's something really important happening I am soon informed about it by word of mouth or whatever. I really don't give a toss if some crackhead guy killed his crackhead girlfriend. It's entirely pointless to know about it. Just read the comments below any online news article. It's just full of people that are addicted to reacting to mostly bs sensationalist news. Just conditioning them to be miserable farts because they have all these ' reasons' to be unhappy.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Months ago, Russia were the new evil of the world, now, I have heard **** all since Ebola and Isis.

What? Are they not news worthy now?

It's an odd thing. International news priority based on the latest scare mongering machine that is 21st century news media.

It seems our modern leaders are led by morons.

Ebola has been dealt with too casually
Russian aggression is now somehow irrelevant
Isis advances close to Turkey are now being dealt with whatever may seem popular.

Israel aggression against Palestine? That's pretty much a non story now it seems

Israel and Palestine have calmed down a bit, Russia has backed off a bit after Ukraine backed off the separatists a bit.
People cutting the heads off of British Hostages and posting the videos online, Parliament voting to use military action against that group and the likelihood that we will soon see coffins of servicemen being flown back from Iraq again is always going to trump the news that things are calming down a bit elsewhere.
However, George Clooney getting married in Venice was on the main news the other night, that is Hello magazine shit not News.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Because only 'scary' news sells. I refrain from watching/reading news for 4 or 5 days of the week. If there's something really important happening I am soon informed about it by word of mouth or whatever. I really don't give a toss if some crackhead guy killed his crackhead girlfriend. It's entirely pointless to know about it. Just read the comments below any online news article. It's just full of people that are addicted to reacting to mostly bs sensationalist news. Just conditioning them to be miserable farts because they have all these ' reasons' to be unhappy.

There's a lot of truth in this. Important to keep abreast of what is going on in the world, but not good for the soul to wallow in it all. The papers have become horribly miserable - dealing solely with bad news and ridiculous weather/ health scare-mongering. Peas give you cancer, etc. It's definitely good for the soul to keep away from it all for a few days at a time.

James nailed it;

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It's still out there. A deadly flu epidemic will occur at some point, it will kill millions worldwide, but not this week.
Or the flesh eating disease

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here