Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Turkey Help

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
If the Turks helped the Kurds it could work the other way and help them with a peace deal. I can't believe they are just sitting in there Tanks watching or are they trying to force our boots on the ground.!! I think the Kurds are brave being so close to American bombing?:facepalm:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'll be honest, I'm not sure I'd want our troops heading in there all alone.

With the air assault, there is clearly a concerted effort to get as many nations involved as possible. Even the Aussies flew sorties over the last few days - it's not as if there aren't a whole host of nations more readily available with the required resources.

If a ground offensive is to happen, I suspect it will be on similar terms.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
With ISIS poised to carry out a massacre 200meters from their border .

Turkeys failure to act will surely inflame their own ethnic Kurdish population ( estimated at 15-20% ) and cause a rift with their NATO " allies "

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I don't think they've been the same since Bernard Matthews died, to be honest, so I'll say no.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
one of the biggest and well equipped armies in the world, yes they should help but won't unless the yanks and the rest of the world overturn Assad in Syria. they want a buffer zone to allow the kurds to get on with their lives peacefully and why should'nt they.
they have been in fighting with the Kurds for years and I am sure would want a peaceful solution.
someone has to come up with a good solution otherwise the IS will run wild across the whole of the middle east

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Turkey are the buffer zone between the West and IS, the west are waiting to see which way Turkey and the population side with. This has the potential to be devastating to the European union due to the fact that they are not only a member, but the fact there are vast numbers of ethnic and second generation Turkish & Kurdish people living in our own country and in particular Germany. I am sure the powers that be are very aware this could ignite something terrible if they deemed to do the wrong thing & IS are well aware of this and that is why they are pushing the limits at the moment.

worrying times indeed.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Turkey seems to be the place where all the refugees are being directed. Think they are probably doing enough at the moment already.

Dec 29, 2011
Turkey are the buffer zone between the West and IS, the west are waiting to see which way Turkey and the population side with. This has the potential to be devastating to the European union due to the fact that they are not only a member, but the fact there are vast numbers of ethnic and second generation Turkish & Kurdish people living in our own country and in particular Germany. I am sure the powers that be are very aware this could ignite something terrible if they deemed to do the wrong thing & IS are well aware of this and that is why they are pushing the limits at the moment.

worrying times indeed.

Turkey isn't in the EU

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
With ISIS poised to carry out a massacre 200meters from their border .

Turkeys failure to act will surely inflame their own ethnic Kurdish population ( estimated at 15-20% ) and cause a rift with their NATO " allies "

Why would Turkey want to help the Kurdish militants who for the last 30 odd years have been carrying out terrorist attacks in the rest of Turkey?

As long as IS don't carry out any attacks on Turkish soil I can't see Turkey being too concerned if the Kurdish influence in the area is reduced.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Turkey has no troops in the Greek (EU member state) half of the island. They are occupying **** all

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If you wanted to attack Turkey from the rear would Grease help ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here