Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worldie

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
I'd like to think I misheard but sadly not. A sports presenter on radio Talk Adverts said player x who scored 'that worldie' against team y. This word should be strangled at birth. I forbid anybody to tolerate it. I can't actually understand the motive behind saying it in any event. It certainly does not make you sound credible!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
This thread has the makings of a worldie

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
OK the subject seems to have been strangled at birth. Don't say I didn't warn you!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
never heard of it.......is it Welsh?

Not often used in these parts, due to lack of appropriate goals to tag with it. Though the third goal of the ladies recent rout of Gillingham could have it, or the phrase "If a Brazillian had scored it we would be raving about it for weeks".

Dec 29, 2011
I'd like to think I misheard but sadly not. A sports presenter on radio Talk Adverts said player x who scored 'that worldie' against team y. This word should be strangled at birth. I forbid anybody to tolerate it. I can't actually understand the motive behind saying it in any event. It certainly does not make you sound credible!

Completely agree. Usually said by Stan Collymore but being picked up by more normal people in recent times.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham

Defo spelt that incorrectly. It's worldly with a 'y' not 'ie' which would preempt the plural. Do they teach nuffink in school these days? Don't come on here with your rubbish spelling moaning about rubbish words, matey-boy.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I've heard it used for goals and saves. Can it be used in any another context? Tackle? Refereeing display - as in "the ref's had a worldie"?

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Defo spelt that incorrectly. It's worldly with a 'y' not 'ie' which would preempt the plural. Do they teach nuffink in school these days? Don't come on here with your rubbish spelling moaning about rubbish words, matey-boy.
Yes worldly as is worldly wise is a word but that was not what he said was it? Keep up!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here