Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Miami MLS team branding

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I just stumbled across this via Twitter and just skimmed through looking at the pictures.

http://diegoguevara.com/blog/2014/10/07/latest-project-miami-mls-team-2/

TheeBlog-DiegoGuevara-MiamiFC_Jersey_Home.jpg

I'll admit to being impressed at the detail etc., believing it to be the real deal.

Then I went back to read it, and it's just something a bloke has knocked up off his own back - I don't think the Beckham-backed Miami MLS team have any branding yet. I'll now be interested to see if the reality is better than this chap's effort.

Anyway, enjoy or disregard as is your want.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Who knows ? However, I'm pretty sure nothing will be left to chance re style, colour and prominence of sponsors logo's, it will be thoroughly researched as this is not about football, it is all about making money.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Fan mock-ups for lots of things are often much better than the real deal, you should see some of mock ups people did for windows 8 and then how it turned out... Our own kit is another good example with people creating much more attractive things in the Nike kit creator than we now wear.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Fan mock-ups for lots of things are often much better than the real deal, you should see some of mock ups people did for windows 8 and then how it turned out... Our own kit is another good example with people creating much more attractive things in the Nike kit creator than we now wear.

Agreed, but this chap hasn't just mocked up a shirt, he's done the whole kit and caboodle (pun intended).

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
The badge seems to be getting ready for the franchise's eventual conversion to a water polo team. Not a bad idea given that Miami is going to be submerged due to rising sea levels in decades to come.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I'm off on hols to Florida in Dec. Obviously too early to take in some Miami MLS but would love to see some US sport - any tips?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I'm off on hols to Florida in Dec. Obviously too early to take in some Miami MLS but would love to see some US sport - any tips?

The Dolphins are at home to the Ravens on the 7th of December, although that'll likely be god awful. If you'd like to watch some basketball the Heat are playing the Atlanta Hawks on the 3rd, with tickets from $19. They're also playing the Chicago Bulls and the Utah Jazz on the 14th and 17th. The Bulls game is expensive, but the Jazz game is about the same price as the Hawks. After the Hawks game they play another 6 homes games over the rest of December, but most are a bit pricier, although some not by much. Full schedule is here. This all assumes you're in the Miami area.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
There's a long way to go before the branding will happen. They are really struggling to find a suitable site for the stadium. Hoping it gets resolved quickly so that the Miami Seagulls flag gets more airtime!!

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Good thing about our sports teams is that the are always tickets available. The heat will be playing then plus the icehockey season will be underway. NFL games trump those though and if you can get to a dolphins game you'll enjoy it. Always lots of visiting fans in December that add a little spice to the occasion. PM me if you want any help with logistics.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Will Beckham be allowed to call the soccer team Miami Spice ?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I just stumbled across this via Twitter and just skimmed through looking at the pictures.

http://diegoguevara.com/blog/2014/10/07/latest-project-miami-mls-team-2/

TheeBlog-DiegoGuevara-MiamiFC_Jersey_Home.jpg

I'll admit to being impressed at the detail etc., believing it to be the real deal.

Then I went back to read it, and it's just something a bloke has knocked up off his own back - I don't think the Beckham-backed Miami MLS team have any branding yet. I'll now be interested to see if the reality is better than this chap's effort.

Anyway, enjoy or disregard as is your want.
really like that top.

Jul 7, 2003

Depending on where you are in Florida, if you want to see an NFL game then Jacksonville is always easy to get tickets for (the stadium is around a two and a half hour drive from the main Orlando tourist areas). You can pay to tailgate or park nearby but another option is to park on the edge of the city and use the park and ride buses. If you are on the Gulf coast then Tampa is your best bet. Tampa also hosts NHL Ice Hockey in December if you want something different.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
I would think that'll be an Adidas kit as Beckham was / is sponsored by them and I think just about every team in that league has an Adidas kit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here