Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] MCCOURT THRILLED WITH INTERNATIONAL RECALL

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011

Paddy McCourt plans to swap the sofa for the pitch and help Northern Ireland continue their impressive start to Euro 2016 qualifying against the Faroe Islands this Saturday.McCourt is away with his home nation this international break, as part of Michael O’Neill’s squad to face the Faroes in Belfast, before travelling to Piraeus to play Greece on Tuesday.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “It has been a great start [for Northern Ireland]. I watched the last game on TV because I wasn’t called up for the squad and it was fantastic to go away to Hungary and get three points.
“The big thing now is we need to beat the Faroes to capitalise on the good start we had. Six points before going away to Greece would put us in a great position.
“We’re not taking it for granted. Most games we play are quite tight games no matter who we are against. The Faroes are obviously a lot lower in the rankings than we are but it is up to us to do the job and get the three points.”

[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

The 30-year-old also revealed that he found out about his inclusion in the squad before the official announcement via a phonecall from O’Neill.“The manager rang me and just said I’m back involved. He said it’s just because I’ve been here over a month and training hard at Brighton and I’m back playing games.
“He just gave me the heads up before he named the squad, which was good of him. We had a brief chat.
“The last squad was a bit early because I had missed pre-season but I’m delighted to be back involved. Hopefully I get some game time with them now as well.”
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V MIDDLESBROUGH
[/h]SATURDAY 18TH OCTOber, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V ROTHERHAM
[/h]SATURDAY 25th OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v WIGAN
[/h]tuESDAY 4TH NOVEMber, kick-off 7:45pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here