[Official Site] INSIDE SEAGULL: DRUMMER LEADING THE WAY

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
rb-l229-2002058_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
06:22 9th October 2014
by Luke Nicoli
When we moved to the Amex I got my season-ticket straight away and the guys I go with are real die-hards"
Ben Thatcher

Brighton & Hove Albion fan Ben Thatcher has watched the club from the Goldstone to the Amex- and now he hopes the side can follow his lead by reaching number one this season.
Ben is the drummer with Royal Blood, who topped the UK charts recently with their self-titled, critically acclaimed album.
Having also played Glastonbury, T in the Park and the Reading Festival this year it has certainly been a whirlwind few months, and now Ben hopes Albion can start to hit the heights following an indifferent start to the season.
“We’ve got a new manager and a new squad of players, so although we haven’t started as well as we would have liked, I’m still very positive that we’ll move in the right direction under Sami Hyypia,” says the West Stand season-ticket holder.
“I was about six when my uncle and aunt first took me to the Goldstone Ground, and I went to games at Withdean, particularly during the championship-winning season under Gus Poyet.
“When we moved to the Amex I got my season-ticket straight away and the guys I go with are real die-hards and I’ve really got my passion for the club through them. I love it now!”[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

Royal Blood have been on Soccer AM recently, they’ve supported the Arctic Monkeys, and they’ve obviously played Glasto – but there is now one venue Ben has his eye on… following in the footsteps of Rod Stewart to play at the Amex Stadium!
“That would be the pinnacle!” he smiles. “It would be a real buzz to play in front of our home fans. The Albion shirt would have to come on, that’s for sure.”
A full interview with Ben Thatcher can be found in the Cardiff City issue of Seagull, available in the Seagulls Store and online priced £3.50.[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V MIDDLESBROUGH
[/h]SATURDAY 18TH OCTOber, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V ROTHERHAM
[/h]SATURDAY 25th OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v WIGAN
[/h]tuESDAY 4TH NOVEMber, kick-off 7:45pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here