Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations to our young Irish internationalists

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Harry Doherty (goalkeeper) and Des Hutchinson (midfielder) both started for the Republic of Ireland U-19s tonight in a friendly in Sweden:-

[TWEET]519914006128373760[/TWEET]

Doherty played the whole game and Hutchinson played 71 minutes in a 1-0 win. The two sides play each other again on Friday.

[TWEET]519924785170882560[/TWEET]

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Excellent.

Any more playing over the weekend? Ragnar for Iceland, maybe?

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Excellent.

Any more playing over the weekend? Ragnar for Iceland, maybe?

I'm very pleased you asked that question, because it made me check up on our Icelandic wunderkid. He probably isn't feeling quite so wonderful, though, because he was in the Icelandic U-19 side that got thrashed 7-3 by Turkey yesterday :( He started and played 52 minutes.

There are further games tomorrow (against Croatia) and on Sunday (against Estonia). This is the qualifying round of the 2015 UEFA U-19 Championships. The matches are being played in Croatia. The top two (of the four in this group) qualify for the Elite round of qualifying.

And then we have Christian Walton in the England U-20 squad for a tournament in the Netherlands, with matches tomorrow, Saturday and Monday.

And JFC could play for the England U-21s against Croatia on Friday and/or Tuesday.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm very pleased you asked that question, because it made me check up on our Icelandic wunderkid. He probably isn't feeling quite so wonderful, though, because he was in the Icelandic U-19 side that got thrashed 7-3 by Turkey yesterday :( He started and played 52 minutes.

There are further games tomorrow (against Croatia) and on Sunday (against Estonia). This is the qualifying round of the 2015 UEFA U-19 Championships. The matches are being played in Croatia. The top two (of the four in this group) qualify for the Elite round of qualifying.

And then we have Christian Walton in the England U-20 squad for a tournament in the Netherlands, with matches tomorrow, Saturday and Monday.

And JFC could play for the England U-21s against Croatia on Friday and/or Tuesday.

Thanks AZ. Great work, as ever.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
There are further games tomorrow (against Croatia)

Ragnar was an unused substitute in a 4-1 defeat for the Icelanders against the Croats. I'm going to stick my neck out and say the "Strákarnir okkar" will not be qualifying for the elite round.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Des Hutchinson was a 71st minute sub, and Doherty an unused sub, as Ireland drew 2-2 in their second meeting with Sweden today.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sorry. I believe they were invited across by our new Academy Manager Jon Morland, who was previously big in youth development at the FAI.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Where did these Irish lads come from?

Des Hutchinson is a second-year scholar; Harry Doherty was released by Charlton at the end of his two-year scholarship in the summer, and we picked him up.

We also have Dylan Barnett who is a second-year scholar, and I believe a new first-year this season is Danny Mandroiu (despite the name, born and rasied in Dublin, but with Romanian roots).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here