Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dad's Army.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Agree.

Only 2 things can be guaranteed in this.

1. It will continually be compared to the original.
2. It can never be as good as the original.

So as Leekbrookgull says, why bother when the only possible outcome is second best?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its all down to the writing really, if they hit the right note with that cast, it might work. they have to avoid playing the original actors playing the roles, if you see what i mean.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
its all down to the writing really, if they hit the right note with that cast, it might work. they have to avoid playing the original actors playing the roles, if you see what i mean.
It might work on some level. But it'll never be the original so why bother. I don't even much like Dad's Army but the characters are so entwined with the actors who played them that there just doesn't seem any point.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Ok the cast is strong,but why really bother ?http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-29536370

It's a good solid British cast and will be written by someone in touch with British humour who will, no doubt, be expected to produce a film up to the standard of the original series. I'm optimistic that it will be a good film, it's not as if they are going to do an Italian Job and relocate it to Los Angeles. It is possible ( sometimes) to recreate a well loved original, put a new spin on it but keep the original core such as the rebooted Star Trek.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Big act to follow but you just never know it may all work out really well and be funny.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Personally I am looking forward to it.

If someone with your avatar is prepared to give it a go, so am I. :)
As mentioned, there is a top cast. We may be pleasantly surprised.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I just can't see this working. Could end up being very embarrassing for all involved.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
The cast looks strong, but in a weird way I think they look to similar to the original one's so will undoubtedly will be compared.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
I don't think it's wise. Who do they think they are kidding? It's doomed Panic! Stupid boys!They're going to ruin our memories! Ruddy Ooligans

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here