Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When does your post normally arrive? Cheers.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
It must be almost ten years since I last received a package via regular Royal Mail post - everyone seems to use couriers these days - and I'm waiting on a package that was posted to me First Class on Saturday. I appreciate it's probably gone astray as I should have had it by now, but I'm going to give it until today's delivery before chasing it up. The question is: when does post normally get delivered in central Brighton these days? I've got stuff I need to leave the house for, but I don't want to do so until I know the post has been and gone... but as I've not had packages via the postman in around a decade, I really have no idea when that might be. Anyone got a rough idea, ie when do you normally get yours? Cheers muchly.

Last edited:

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
I thought you had to leave it a week before you can chase it up.

I meant chase it up with the sender (rather than the Post Office) initially - the item was listed as being sent first class recorded, but I haven't been given a tracking number, so that would be first chase. I rather suspect it's sat in North Road sorting office somewhere, with the 'while you were out' card having gone missing...

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
I was 'timed out' twice last week so got nothing til 3rd day, staffing issues

Have heard similar just now via Facebook. Also it seems my package wasn't sent recorded after all so it might end up sat in the sorting office for ages - the recorded/tracked stuff takes priority when understaffed, and normal parcels just have to wait, boo :(

Jan 10, 2014
The carrier pigeon usually arrives here in Nelson at around 10.30.

If it's delivering packages then it's usually a lot later.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Usually about 3 fecking PM here in Leigh on Sea.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Has anybody ever sat in all day for a parcel for it not to turn up?.....When it's actually sitting on the doorstep because the postie never rang the bloody door-bell!

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Fecking Couriers...they either dump my parcels out in the rain or I have to go up to some Godforsaken place like Crawley to pick it up. Give me Royal Mail any day. It's a national treasure

It's not surprising it's a national treasure the amount they charge for a parcel. You can usually send a medium sized parcel for less than half the price with a courier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here