Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

visiting fuengirola

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wife and I are there for a week and yesterday saught out The Carousel bar which it was said on here Johnny Crumplin owns but it looks to be shut down so probably doesnt own it now. Too early to be closed for the winter I would think. This is just to save anybody wasting time seeking it out if visiting.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Wife and I are there for a week and yesterday saught out The Carousel bar which it was said on here Johnny Crumplin owns but it looks to be shut down so probably doesnt own it now. Too early to be closed for the winter I would think. This is just to save anybody wasting time seeking it out if visiting.

New place is called Starks Bar I believe.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Winns bar on the hill over Benalmadena used to be an interesting place!!...

Had Sunday dinner in Winns bar many years ago and some of the locals appeared again on a documentary on costa gangsters from the East End! The bars in the square are good next the local Church.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Had Sunday dinner in Winns bar many years ago and some of the locals appeared again on a documentary on costa gangsters from the East End! The bars in the square are good next the local Church.

:)

Thats what I was referring to..My missus's father at the time, had a villa, just down from it... lots of 'geezers' in suits, and smoking roll-ups haha..
Think his villa was overlooked by the celebrity crim who was shagging Barbara Windsor at the time...forget his name now though..

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm going somewhere near there next week. I have no intention of finding the 'Full English and a pint of John Smiths' brigade.

I went out to Costa Dorada last minute recently and was a bit worried by the Trip Advisor reviews 'other than the Mucky Duck* and Rugby Tavern, there wasn't a lot of other choice…', however on getting out there, within 20mins walk either way, there were some lovely tapa's and fish restaurants doing local produce, packed with spanish tourists and families. People are amazing when they go away.

*funny enough the chef was Spanish (I discovered), and despite all the 'English Roast Dinner' menu items, he did do an amazing paella...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Did you really just start a thread to tell us that an ex-Albion player's bar in Fuengirola is closed today? REALLY?

:lolol:

You might mock but this might save someone a wasted journey to Spain this afternoon.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It was open as recently as a month ago according to tripadvisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restau...sta_del_Sol_Province_of_Malaga_Andalucia.html

Latest review (2/9/2014):

'Found this place on a random day trip to fuengirola from benalmadena (March 2014).Very nice little place owner made us feel very welcome even though another customer had been taken ill. Food very reasonably priced and very tasty.Going to Benalmadena again in November and would have no hesitation in visiting this place again'

Maybe they were just having a siesta BG? Or down at the police station reporting a burglary or worse?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
:)

Thats what I was referring to..My missus's father at the time, had a villa, just down from it... lots of 'geezers' in suits, and smoking roll-ups haha..
Think his villa was overlooked by the celebrity crim who was shagging Barbara Windsor at the time...forget his name now though..

I'm going somewhere near there next week. I have no intention of finding the 'Full English and a pint of John Smiths' brigade.

Did you really just start a thread to tell us that an ex-Albion player's bar in Fuengirola is closed today? REALLY?

:lolol:[/QUOTE
Am in Fuengirola so thought I would look up an old BHA legend is that a crime? Thought others might do the same and have wasted journey sorry.

Babs Windsor ex was Ronnie Knight who I did some work for in the 80s.

As regards the full english and John Smith brigade we avoid those bars in fact staying between Los Bolliches and Torreblanca, it a good quiet break.

If this upsets or bores you its simple dont read it and put me on ignore.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
A propos nothing, had a 'disagreement' in the early 90s down in the Kings Club with Crumplin. Went up to my girlfriend and said what are you doing with that idiot, could do better with me as I'm a footballer.
Couldn't really disagree with him though tbf.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here