Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clean the bloody drains.

beakyburn

Aug 15, 2012
Me being old enough to remember when every month the council would sent the van out with its suction equipment and clear drains out. More cutbacks so don't do that anymore. What do we get. A mornings rain and there is 2ft of water on the seafront from Worthing to Lancing. Clear the bloody drains out. Not rocket science is it.

D

Deleted member 22389

Me being old enough to remember when every month the council would sent the van out with its suction equipment and clear drains out. More cutbacks so don't do that anymore. What do we get. A mornings rain and there is 2ft of water on the seafront from Worthing to Lancing. Clear the bloody drains out. Not rocket science is it.

And the fing pot holes as well. Near my house we had a massive pothole. Nobody else seemed to care about it, people just kept driving over it. I got so fed up with it, in the end I photographed it, sent a detailed map to the council and guess what, two weeks later they came and repaired it. Seems to me to get something done these days you have to go out and do the groundwork first.

I'm going to do even more now. Since I am out walking in the mornings to try and lose weight, it makes sense to photograph what I can and send the council a big list of repairs, because as far as I am concerned the roads are an absolute disgrace. Not only do they damage your car, but they can also be fatal for cyclists. For the amount of money we pay in council tax to LDC it is not good enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here