Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would you rather see on the Legends Wall - Hart v Knight

Who would you rather see on the Legends Wall?

• Gary Hart

Votes: 114 85.1%
  • Leon Knight

Votes: 20 14.9%

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Following the other thread, who would you rather see on the legends wall, Gary Hart or Leon Knight.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Paddy McCourt.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Eh? Are you saying Gary Hart isn't an Albion legend?

I would simply suggest that the word legend (defined as 'an extremely famous or notorious person, especially in a particular field') is much overused and I believe that in the history of BHA there are many, many others more worthy of such an epithet.

The further down the scale of merit you go, the more you dilute such praise.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Whatever you think of Leon Knight, the picture of him celebrating his winning goal in the play off final is one of the most iconic BHAFC images of recent years IMHO. Gary Hart's pose in the same picture is not far behind to be fair.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Whatever you think of Leon Knight, the picture of him celebrating his winning goal in the play off final is one of the most iconic BHAFC images of recent years IMHO.

This - and that, as they have previously explained, is why its up there. Which is why I (and I alone so far :jester: ) have voted Knight.

This - and that, as they have previously explained, is why its up there. Which is why I (and I alone so far :jester: ) have voted Knight.

The wall is supposed to represent moments in our History, Knight scoring and the celebration of that penalty is right up there IMHO.

Odious little twerp that he is.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Ah, that famous moment when Mark Lawrenson made a pass, and that famous, iconic moment when Charlie Oatway looked a bit fat. OK then :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ah, that famous moment when Mark Lawrenson made a pass, and that famous, iconic moment when Charlie Oatway looked a bit fat. OK then :lolol:

True enough, of course. I'd have those over one of Hart trying really hard, though.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
True enough, of course. I'd have those over one of Hart trying really hard, though.

To be fair to Gary, he has got two milestones in the history of BHA. He scored the first goal at Withdean and the first goal at the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here