baldock-l229-2001025_478x359.jpg

Sam Baldock
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
07:33 8th October 2014
by Luke Nicoli
I’m going to do my best for the badge and for the fans and see what happens"
Sam Baldock

Brighton & Hove Albion summer signing Sam Baldock says he can cope with the expectation placed on him this season.

The 25-year-old penned a four-year deal with the club in August, having bagged 24 league goals with Bristol City last season, and he will be looked upon to replicate that form going forward as the Seagulls aim to climb the table.
Injuries have curbed Baldock’s appearances so far this term, but the current League One Golden Boot winner is confident he can deal with the pressure of scoring goals on a regular basis.
sam-l229-1987412.jpg

“I’m not going to let that affect me,” he told Seagull, the club’s matchday programme. “I’m going to do my best for the badge and for the fans and see what happens.
“I’ve been away from this league for a year but I’m high on confidence in terms of scoring goals and the way I feel I can score goals. With the creative players we’ve got I’m sure they can create opportunities for me and I’d like to contribute and create some as well.”
[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

Adrian Colunga and Chris O’Grady filled the striking positions in the absence of Baldock and Craig Mackail-Smith against Watford on Saturday, so he knows he will have to work hard for his place in the side.
“I know I have to fight for my place but that also drives me on,” he adds. “It’s down to me to show what I can do on the training pitch and when I step over that white line on a matchday.”
A full interview with Sam Baldock can be found in the Blackpool issue of Seagull, available in the Seagulls Store and online priced £3.50.[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V MIDDLESBROUGH
[/h]SATURDAY 18TH OCTOber, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V ROTHERHAM
[/h]SATURDAY 25th OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v WIGAN
[/h]tuESDAY 4TH NOVEMber, kick-off 7:45pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here