Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Squirrel%20Cage.jpg

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
What is Wales? Wales is what? Or is it Whales? It is rare that a man alive takes it upon himself to answer such a meddlesome question, for the ramifications of solving the conundrum are illimitable. To comprehensively define a word which has been interpreted in numerous different ways across the aeons would be to marginalise the conjecture of one of two races of beings whose viewpoints are, sadly, diametrically opposed. Firstly, we must disambiguate between the warring factions. On the one hand you have Whales, an ancient and noble race of marine mammals who are prime examples of the patrician order of Cetacea. They take it as gospel that Whales refers, as you might imagine, to their name, the appellation of their species. But then you must ponder the irreconcilable view of the other bloc in this disputation. The Welsh believe that Wales is their lebensraum. The Father Land. The cradle of all that is Ovis aries and Rygbi. This eight-thousand square mile area of green pastures and rocky eminence is, they believe, the true individuation of Wales.

I do not seek to answer the proposition myself. In fact, my purpose is merely to shepherd the two cliques in the direction of the solution which has been staring them in the face for almost a millennia. There is a man, whilst the true extent of his power is questioned and his commitment to the title is debatable (for he will leave to accept a higher post at the earliest convenience), he is irrefutably the master of many and the true resolution to this polemic.

He is The Prince Of Wales.

Yes, The Tywysog Cymru holds the key to end this strife. The truth is in the name. His title proves a simple axiom: They are one. Whales are Wales and Wales is Whales.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here