Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fishersgate Flyers U7's - Coach needed

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We are looking for a parent / coach or somebody wanting to get into coaching to start taking a new U7 side.

We are mostly a club of parent coaches who get involved in it through our kids, take our level 1's and follow our child's team up through the age group. (I'm the current U9's manager).

In that happening we've now got a vacancy or lack of somebody to take on an U7's team. We do have 3 or 4 U7 players training with the U8's, but really need to get a full U7's side off the ground. We train at Victoria Park Recreation Ground most of the year on a Saturday morning, but do use all weather facilities when the weather gets bad.

In the past this could be a student wanting to get into coaching, a parent looking for a team for their U7 child, or a coach looking to help out. At U7's it's mixed boys and girls 5-a-side.

It wouldn't even need to be a long term commitment. Once the team is established, more players and more parents become involved, there could be a natural handing over.

We try to be very inclusive as a club, we don't hold trials and believe in giving all abilities a go. We are an FA Chartered club, currently looking to get that up to Development status.

If you might be interested, please give me a PM.

http://www.fishersgateflyersfc.co.uk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I will keep bouncing this as well [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION]

Can't recommend this club highly enough. My son is in under 8s. They are fully inclusive with a full and development side at under 8s so all the boys get to play matches at their standard. Club is run by Brighton fans, people who have been going to most games for many years.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I will keep bouncing this as well [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION]

Can't recommend this club highly enough. My son is in under 8s. They are fully inclusive with a full and development side at under 8s so all the boys get to play matches at their standard. Club is run by Brighton fans, people who have been going to most games for many years.

Thanks Guinness Boy, it's certainly great to see all the Albion shirts on a Saturday morning when the u8, u9, u10, u11, u12 and u13's are all training - barely a MU, L'Pool or Chelsea shirt in sight!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Thanks Guinness Boy, it's certainly great to see all the Albion shirts on a Saturday morning when the u8, u9, u10, u11, u12 and u13's are all training - barely a MU, L'Pool or Chelsea shirt in sight!

:thumbsup:

Dave's U7s last season had one session where I think every player but one had a Brighton shirt on.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
So this morning the under 8s development team had a guest coach who I thought I recgnised, but I was too busy entertaining my three year old to worry too much about it.

Over lunch the boy told me that his "helper coach" had played for QPR, Brighton, Sunderland and Ireland. "Was he called John?" I asked. "YES!" said the boy looking amazed.

Yes, I had been sat in the park yards from Johnnie Byrne, one of my all time favourite players, and had not even noticed.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
So this morning the under 8s development team had a guest coach who I thought I recgnised, but I was too busy entertaining my three year old to worry too much about it.

Over lunch the boy told me that his "helper coach" had played for QPR, Brighton, Sunderland and Ireland. "Was he called John?" I asked. "YES!" said the boy looking amazed.

Yes, I had been sat in the park yards from Johnnie Byrne, one of my all time favourite players, and had not even noticed.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I think he lives in Shoreham.

My little cousin (I use that as a historical term now, she's over 40) worked for him a while back. We had a similar conversation that resulted in me working out who he was. A splendid chap too, by all accounts.

Hard to believe he's in his 50s now. We're getting old, our Guinness.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Hard to believe he's in his 50s now. We're getting old, our Guinness.

Tell me about it. Those conversations we had about kids, mortgages and aching bones in the pub in Steyning after cricket? They're happening. Byrne is 53. I can only really picture him be-mulleted applauding the North Stand with his name ringing round. In 6 years Wardy will be a pensioner. *shudder*

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Tell me about it. Those conversations we had about kids, mortgages and aching bones in the pub in Steyning after cricket? They're happening. Byrne is 53. I can only really picture him be-mulleted applauding the North Stand with his name ringing round. In 6 years Wardy will be a pensioner. *shudder*

That conversation took place in 1992. I seem to recall myself making reference to us having beer bellies too. Has the blessed sponge of amnesia omitted that from the thundering outcome of my prophecy concerning the future ?

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
A new lad joined my lad's U17 team this season. He's ok, and his dad came along to the first couple of games but didn't say anything (by Christ he must have been frustrated at the way they were playing). Then he went along to training and offered to help out.....one of the lads kicked a ball towards him (so the story goes) which he instantly controlled, flicked on to his shoulder and then did a few effortless keepy-uppies before passing it back. Think Mr Rogers is unofficial head coach for the rest of the season LOL.

A new lad joined my lad's U17 team this season. He's ok, and his dad came along to the first couple of games but didn't say anything (by Christ he must have been frustrated at the way they were playing). Then he went along to training and offered to help out.....one of the lads kicked a ball towards him (so the story goes) which he instantly controlled, flicked on to his shoulder and then did a few effortless keepy-uppies before passing it back. Think Mr Rogers is unofficial head coach for the rest of the season LOL.

hurst?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here