Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football policy: stop trying to win

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
There’s a small piece in the Daily Telegraph today reporting from the Lib Dem conference. The report suggests that the Lib Dems are about to pass a motion condemning football clubs for being too concerned about winning.

The party asks supporters to note its concern that “winning has become the primary motive in the sport” and has led to “financial risk taking, high debt levels and a hundred instances of club bankruptcy since 1992”.

The motion also calls for a ban on homophobic chants and the creation of supporters' trusts.

No link I'm afraid - it's a tiny story. A bit like my penis.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
There’s a small piece in the Daily Telegraph today reporting from the Lib Dem conference. The report suggests that the Lib Dems are about to pass a motion condemning football clubs for being too concerned about winning.

Quite right too. We can't have people losing. I think they should extend this to the workplace.

''Good news everyone. You have ALL got the Job''

SAC

May 21, 2014
Brilliant, if it's not about the winning but about the most number of draws then Brighton are sitting pretty in 4th.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
This would be the Liberal Democrats who gave up on everything that they believed in and joined the side of their opponents because winning was the most important thing.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
They'll be banning competition in schools next. Oh, wait....

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Who are we to disagree? After all, the Lib Dems should know a helluva lot about not winning.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

The party asks supporters to note its concern that “winning has become the primary motive in the sport” and has led to “financial risk taking, high debt levels and a hundred instances of club bankruptcy since 1992”.

The motion also calls for a ban on homophobic chants and the creation of supporters' trusts.

Well good news at last.....we're in the clear ! :)

Unlike your penis others will blow this up to be bigger than it is???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here