Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion boss plays it safe with LuaLua [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion are treading carefully with Kazenga LuaLua – to avoid a repeat of his injury troubles.
Boss Sami Hyypia has revealed he ended a run of starts for the explosive winger to protect his fitness.
LuaLua was on the bench at Watford on Saturday after starting the previous three matches.
Hyypia brought him on in the second half as soon as Albion fell behind and LuaLua changed the game, unsettling the Watford defence and setting up the equaliser for Lewis Dunk.
Hyypia told The Argus: “After the last game (Cardiff at home) I heard that he has never played three consecutive games in that short period of time.
“I decided to leave him out of the starting line-up because of that, I didn’t want him to get injured.
“I know when he is on the bench he can come on and change the game. He showed that.
“Everyone needs to understand it is a team sport and we have a lot of games in a short period of time and nobody can play all the games.”
Former Newcastle flyer LuaLua, hit by injuries throughout his Albion career, has made 57 starts and 75 substitute appearances for the club since signing, initially on loan, four-and-a-half years ago.
Hyypia said: “When to start which player is the magic, so we try to set up the right team for the games, looking at the opposition as well. It’s not always easy.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here