dunk-300814-l229-1885681_478x359.jpg

Lewis Dunk
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:43 7th October 2014
by Luke Nicoli
It’s helped me massively by playing regularly this season"
Lewis Dunk

Brighton & Hove Albion defender Lewis Dunk says regular first-team football is the reason behind his impressive form this season.
The centre-half has formed a solid partnership with Gordon Greer at the heart of defence, and has contributed at the other end of the field with four goals this term.
It’s a far cry from last season when he was kept out of the team by Greer and Matthew Upson, resulting in a loan spell at League One Bristol City for the 22-year-old.
dunk-charlton229-2002016.jpg

“As a professional footballer, you want to play as much as you can and when you’re not playing you get frustrated,” Dunk told Seagull, the club’s matchday magazine.
“You train all week long to have a game at the end of the week and when you’re not in the side it’s hard to take – and that’s when you have to look at getting out on loan to get some game time.*
“But it’s helped me massively by playing regularly this season. When you’re coming into the side for the odd game here and there you’re never match sharp but if you get a run of five or six first-team games you’re flying. You feel right in the zone.”
[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

Dunk has also cited Sami Hyypia’s management as key to his consistent performances this season, with the Albion manager a former centre-half legend in his days at Liverpool.
“When I’m out on the pitch I know exactly what he wants me to do,” he adds. “As a defender, he wants you to win the ball back and give it simple. He wants you to get the ball to the more attacking players and let them do the work in those areas.
“The confidence he has in me and the style of play that he’s adopted has also helped me.”
A full interview with Lewis Dunk can be found in the Blackpool issue of Seagull, available in the Seagulls Store and online priced £3.50. [h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h] [h=3]ALBION V MIDDLESBROUGH
[/h] SATURDAY 18TH OCTOber, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V ROTHERHAM
[/h] SATURDAY 25th OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v WIGAN
[/h] tuESDAY 4TH NOVEMber, kick-off 7:45pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here