Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4 yr old season ticket holder charged as adult, club won't fully refund....advice please.

SurprisedSeagull

Oct 6, 2014
Hi guys, I am a Newbie to North Stand chat. My pal recommended that I post for advice. My husband and kids (7) and (4) are all season ticket holders; the youngest joining last year. Over the summer hols, I discovered that the club have been charging the youngest at an adult price since April. My husband rings twice to notify the club and request a refund being told 1) that the computer's were down and 2) when rang again that we needed to put it in writing. I then called a couple of weeks ago to ask who we should write to but got someone helpful and a cheque issued .... but the cheque is for £103 rather than £177 - we have paid £247 e.g. £41 per month rather than £5 as an under 10 - in other words, we have paid the season ticket and hence expected refunding on the difference. When I called last week to query the difference, I was told this was because they will only refund for the rest of the season and that we could have been taking an adult in on his card! What? So the club have been substantially overcharging and we have been trying to get them to refund to no avail and so now we are being penalised for their mistake. I have been waiting for Brian the ticketing manager to contact me - he hasn't. Can you guys give me some advice? It's my youngest's 5th birthday next month and that £70, our £70 would go a long way! What do you think?

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
Paul barber is the way to go. I had an issue a while back and emailed him the details. He resolved it swiftly and then offered to meet my son on a match day for some photos pitch side. A really great bloke. Email him.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Hi guys, I am a Newbie to North Stand chat. My pal recommended that I post for advice. My husband and kids (7) and (4) are all season ticket holders; the youngest joining last year. Over the summer hols, I discovered that the club have been charging the youngest at an adult price since April. My husband rings twice to notify the club and request a refund being told 1) that the computer's were down and 2) when rang again that we needed to put it in writing. I then called a couple of weeks ago to ask who we should write to but got someone helpful and a cheque issued .... but the cheque is for £103 rather than £177 - we have paid £247 e.g. £41 per month rather than £5 as an under 10 - in other words, we have paid the season ticket and hence expected refunding on the difference. When I called last week to query the difference, I was told this was because they will only refund for the rest of the season and that we could have been taking an adult in on his card! What? So the club have been substantially overcharging and we have been trying to get them to refund to no avail and so now we are being penalised for their mistake. I have been waiting for Brian the ticketing manager to contact me - he hasn't. Can you guys give me some advice? It's my youngest's 5th birthday next month and that £70, our £70 would go a long way! What do you think?

Put it in writing and send to Paul Barber. You could include the suggestion that they check CCTV as your cards will show the exact time you enter the ground so that could confirm that you have taken the kids every time. Include the dates you rang and what was said each time as that would show there was a delay. Also, double check your maths. You're saying you should be paying £5 instead of £41 which makes an overpayment of £36 per month since April. Including payment for Sept that would be 6 x £36 = £216 so not sure how you got to £177! (6 x £41 =£246). Whatever you do, don't lose your temper.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I can't believe they would have the temerity to suggest that you were possibly deceiving them. I'd be more upset about that than the cash situation which will be resolved omce the CEO realises he has some twonks on the pay roll.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Paul barber is the way to go. I had an issue a while back and emailed him the details. He resolved it swiftly and then offered to meet my son on a match day for some photos pitch side. A really great bloke. Email him.

This, I had an issue last year and he dealt with it extremely well

paul.barber@bhafc.co.uk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
100% Paul Barber he is very helpful and will resolve this in no time.

If ever a person understood Customer Service he is the man.

SurprisedSeagull

Oct 6, 2014
Wow, thx for the super swift responses - clearly going straight to the top and in writing is the way to go! There is no dispute that they have been over-charging, they can see that from their own records - only that they will only refund for the rest of the season rather than the full amount... Many thx and will keep you posted.

SurprisedSeagull

Oct 6, 2014
Thx, maths is not my strong suite! The amount is only £177 because we have now paid off the child's season ticket in full - and agree being polite very important, irritating when they can't be bothered to respond to your calls though!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Possibly.

Best way is to go there in person with the bank statements I would have thought and not leave until is sorted.
I would have thought the email option would be best, to start with at least.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
I can't believe they would have the temerity to suggest that you were possibly deceiving them. I'd be more upset about that than the cash situation which will be resolved omce the CEO realises he has some twonks on the pay roll.

Agree, to what I would have thought was fairly obviously an overcharging if ST is in the 4yo childs name, this would appear petty and insulting to say the least. If the club have in error issued an adult ST then they should accept their mistake and thank you for notifying them, compensating you for tickets and accusations / insults. Disappointing.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Yes of course but the threat would be enough hopefully

Why the need, an accurate well worded polite email will work far better than blackmail. Its a bit like the people who start their emails with the history of their supporting the club right down to wearing blue and white striped underpants to work.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Unbelievable. A clear cut mistake that they have acknowledged, but somehow have created a scenario saying that you could have been dishonest enough to take an adult in up to the time you pointed out the error. I would want an apology for such a slur, mistakes happen it's the way people deal with them that matters. Not a great way to treat a family who should be the clubs future.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here