Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia a good choice according to former Seagull [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Keith Andrews has backed Sami Hyypia to build his managerial reputation with Albion.
The Watford midfielder on loan to the Seagulls last season from Bolton sat out Saturday's 1-1 draw at Vicarage Road due to injury.
Andrews told TEAMtalk.com: "I think that Brighton have appointed a very good manager that hopefully stays there for a number of years now as there has been a little upheaval on the managerial side in the last couple of seasons.
"It's a fantastic club for a young manager like Hyypia to really put his stamp on and build his reputation within the game."
Andrews still has a lot of affection for Albion after 37 appearances for Oscar Garcia's play-off reachers and assistance from them with his coaching qualifications.
The veteran Irishman said: "I think they try to do things in the right manner for the club to evolve with real sustainability for years to come.
"There are good people involved behind the scenes there, none more so than in the academy. Last season I worked closely with the Academy manager John Morling and the development coach Ian Buckman as I was in the middle of my UEFA ‘A’ Licence, and they couldn't have done anymore to help me.
"It was a great experience to work with them as they prepared weekly and monthly schedules with the rest of the coaches and sports scientists to ensure the young lads had the best chance of developing their games, both technically and physically.
"I was amazed at the schedule a 14-year-old at the club had and a little envious to be honest as it certainly wasn't like that in my day!"

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here