Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hyypia-l229-2000892_478x359.jpg

Lewis Dunk listens to Sami Hyypia's instructions at Swindon
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
14:25 6th October 2014
by Paul Camillin
I know he has a chance to score every time he goes into the box as he attacks the ball very well"
Sami Hyypia

Brighton & Hove Albion boss Sami Hyypia says top scorer Lewis Dunk can continue to be a major goal threat for the Seagulls at set-pieces, and that his central defender deserves the plaudits for his impressive start to the campaign.Speaking after the 1-1 draw with Watford at the weekend, Hyypia said Dunk's impressive early-season form is down to his attitude in training and approach to matches.
He told Seagulls.co.uk, "Lewis is a real threat from set-pieces, but I don’t take the credit. He’s a very good lad; he concentrates well in training and we always keep on top of him. That’s the way to go forward and from my experience, that’s what you need to do.
"In football it’s all about having confidence and making the right decisions. He is making the right decisions on the pitch and with his height, I know he has a chance to score every time he goes into the box as he attacks the ball very well.
"I had never heard of his name before I came to Brighton, so I didn’t know what to expect from him. I saw a few games from him last season and that he was very comfortable on the ball and a good centre-back."
[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

Overall Hyypia has been satisfied with the performances of his team over the past week, and feels it's a case of tweaking and adjusting things on the training pitch as Albion look to find a winning formula.The manager has also reiterated that each member of his squad has a role to play in the arduous season ahead, and says it's important players continue to give their all on the training pitch.
"I say to the all the players that you always need to train with concentration and give 100 per cent in every training session, then you have a chance to improve.
"It usually depends on the little things as to whether you win or lose. When everyone knows their tasks on the pitch, then it makes it more difficult for the opposition, and easier for us.
"Everyone in the squad needs to know that it’s a team game and not everyone can play all the games. We select the right team by looking at the opposition, which players are dangerous and the kind of players we need in each position."
dunk-300814-l229-1885681.jpg

Dunk heads home one against Charlton
dunk-chelt229-2001143.jpg

Dunk finds the net in the Capital One Cup
dunk-watford229-2001155.jpg

Dunk levels the scores at Watford
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V MIDDLESBROUGH
[/h]SATURDAY 18TH OCTOber, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V ROTHERHAM
[/h]SATURDAY 25th OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v WIGAN
[/h]tuESDAY 4TH NOVEMber, kick-off 7:45pm