Votes: 21 33.3%
  • The Jam

Votes: 42 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The Smiths and The Jam tied, time to fight again.

The Clash were the weakest link and now bow out.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Excellent.

Any chance we can redo the other one as well, and we'll quietly delete the original thread that suggested there were 90 people on here who felt that MADNESS were a superior band to New Order. We'll never mention it again.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Madness aren't fit to clean some fluff from the vinyl of any of these two classic bands. its tough but for me The Jam shade it.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
If this ends up as The Jam v Madness, then I give up on your musical tastes. Mod Pop band v a comedy band....

They're both still preferable to whiny egotistical racist though

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
You'd like to think so :shrug:

One would hope that if successful singles/albums are the yardstick in this one, then the true result will come through.
The Jam-1980s

2 Studio Albums
charted No.2,No.1

9 Singles
charted No.1,No.1,No.21,No.4,No.4,No.1,No.8,No.2,No.1 (© pastafarian)

should suffice

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Excellent.

Any chance we can redo the other one as well, and we'll quietly delete the original thread that suggested there were 90 people on here who felt that MADNESS were a superior band to New Order. We'll never mention it again.

If it was done again i fear the followers of the comedy band would have a sense of humour failure

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If it was done again i fear the followers of the comedy band would have a sense of humour failure

You could set it up, with only a one hour voting window, but only after I accidentally ban everyone who voted Madness first time round, for said hour...

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
One would hope that if successful singles/albums are the yardstick in this one, then the true result will come through.
The Jam-1980s

2 Studio Albums
charted No.2,No.1

9 Singles
charted No.1,No.1,No.21,No.4,No.4,No.1,No.8,No.2,No.1 (© pastafarian)

should suffice

Wham! had 6 number ones in the 1980s. Does that make them better than The Jam?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Wham! had 6 number ones in the 1980s. Does that make them better than The Jam?

Was only trying to clarify matters for the purposes of this poll for any possible fence-sitters. It is by no means a definitive yardstick, although I am sure that there are indeed some poor, hapless souls for whom Wham! may well be the picture of a perfect 80s.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The Smiths and The Jam tied, time to fight again.

The Clash were the weakest link and now bow out.

I admire you for continuing with this in the knowledge that you are going to have to set up a thread with the winner of this v Madness.

You're then going to have established the possibility of this site of having voted Madness the best band of the '80's for the entire world to see for eternity….that will not be a day to remember.:wozza:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Wham Bam thank you Jam?

Weller's guitar voted in the Start video.

wha.JPG

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I admire you for continuing with this in the knowledge that you are going to have to set up a thread with the winner of this v Madness.

You're then going to have established the possibility of this site of having voted Madness the best band of the '80's for the entire world to see for eternity….that will not be a day to remember.:wozza:

this is a frightening thought

might have to make the final an open poll and "out" anyone who votes madness and brings shame to NSC

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here