Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marks out of 10

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
As we head into the 2nd international break what are your marks out of 10 for the season to date??

Mine is a 6

I'd probably have knocked one mark off had it not been for our exciting COC run.

I am however really encouraged by our last couple of reults and performances, I sense Sami is getting closer to the winning formula, if anything this break has come at the wrong time we really could have started to build some momentum but I am expecting much better when we come back and the congested nature of the top of the table suggests we are still in with a good shout of the top 2/play-offs.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So far this season I've gone from:-

3 with a steady curve up to 6.9.

At no point would I have marked the team down from the score of the previous game.

So all in all pretty encouraging.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"Exciting COC run"?

Cheltenham, Swindon & Burton Albion? :lolol:

(I've enjoyed those games actually, I just think it's funny that you chose the term "exciting" to describe them) :)

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Like my school reports: Shows potential but currently lacks application.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Vs expectation of results - 4
Vs progression and improvement - 6
Vs anticipation of what's to come - 8

It's not as if there are any runaway leaders, everyone seems to be drawing

I can't say I'm unhappy at all. We're not doing well but I can see what he's trying to achieve and I'm confident we'll get there.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I reckon a 4 , the team was not ready when the season started , Sami still does not know his best team , only won 2 league matches and we are now in to October . Only averaging a point a game which is relegation form , although played better in last 3 matches still only 3 points , oh and we need a decent striker to replace Leo

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
5 . Encouraging signs but it's ultimately about winning and league position .
The fact we are into the last 16 of the cup is good though .

Next games crucial

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
5.5 from me, but if we were looking at the most recent 3 games, I'd be inclined to give a 7. Three decent performances, two decent results and we look like we are one goal-scorer away from being a very good side.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
6. Already more positive and entertaining than last season which I'd mark as a 4.5.

Though it doesn't really feel like the season's started due to all the crappy international breaks.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
6. Already more positive and entertaining than last season which I'd mark as a 4.5.

Though it doesn't really feel like the season's started due to all the crappy international breaks.

You'd mark last seasons play off finish as a 4.5/10? I know the entertainment factor was lacking compared to this year, but that's a very low mark!

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
6. Enjoying the football on the pitch, we have some exciting players. Don't think our league position reflects the whole team, just the small hole we have in the box finishing off the great work from the rest of the team.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You'd mark last seasons play off finish as a 4.5/10? I know the entertainment factor was lacking compared to this year, but that's a very low mark!

Dunno, just never FELT like a play-off team somehow. A feeling that was confirmed more or less as soon as the first leg kicked off.

8 for entertainment and obviously much lower for actual results.

Watching the dross at Upton Park yesterday made me appreciate even more the overall quality of most of our football - the way we stroke it around even when being pressed as we were on Saturday is high quality stuff - just need to stick a few (lot) more in the old onion bag..

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Dunno, just never FELT like a play-off team somehow. A feeling that was confirmed more or less as soon as the first leg kicked off.

We went 1-0 up in that game*

*but yes, I take your point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here