Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis Dunk is a nice surprise to Hyypia [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion*boss Sami Hyypia has expressed surprise at Lewis Dunk’s goalscoring exploits and admits he cannot take any of the credit.
Dunk headed the Seagulls’ second-half equaliser in the 1-1 draw at Watford.
The young centre-half is their leading marksman with four goals in 12 games since Hyypia took charge.
He had previously made 68 appearances without scoring.
Hyypia told The Argus: “I’d never heard of his name before so I didn’t know what to expect. I saw a few games from last season and I saw that he is very comfortable on the ball and he’s a good centre-back. That was the only thing I knew about him.
“He is making good decisions on the pitch and with his height he has a chance to score. He attacks the ball very well.”
Dunk’s pointsaver at Vicarage Road from substitute Kazenga LuaLua’s corner added to a draw-rescuing double against Charlton and a goal in the Capital One Cup against Cheltenham, all of them headers.
Hyypia said: “He is a real threat at set-pieces and in every game we have an average of ten corners or something, so I would expect us to score a few from them. It’s not as if we have two or three corners a game. It’s very good that we are dangerous from them.
“I don’t take the credit. He’s a very good lad. Now he is concentrated and he trains concentrated.
“Sometimes he has these periods when he is not concentrated and we keep on top of him. That’s the way to go forward with him. We have many games left and I hope he continues to play this way.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here