Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pietersen at it again.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Has anyone else ever spoken about a culture of 'bullying' whilst part of the England squad?

Reading the article it sounds more like Flower was a disciplinarian coach (Cappelo) rather than a matey one (Robson) and, from the sounds of it, not a monstrous one (Di Canio).

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
It just comes across as someone who is upset that it isn't HIM that runs the dressing room, doing the backstabbing etc.

He's a child in a man costume.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It would have been nice for KP to have kept a reasonably dignified silence but, that's just not his way. He is a mass of contradictions and is hard to fathom at the best of times, this little quote says it all for me....

On senior players such as Jimmy Anderson and Stuart Broad: "The bowlers were given so much power. But these guys ran the dressing room."

But, wasn't it KP who said he wanted Moores sacked as coach ?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I know everyone hates KP and he is an egotist **** but personally i'm with him on this. There's been a lot of stuff from the few of the journalist who aren't crammed up the ECB arse about a very cliquey dressing room and quite often while watching matches you can see Swann/Broad or Anderson shouting at the field far too aggressively.
A few players have been jettisoned or ignored seemingly for being different.

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
It would have been nice for KP to have kept a reasonably dignified silence but, that's just not his way. He is a mass of contradictions and is hard to fathom at the best of times, this little quote says it all for me....

On senior players such as Jimmy Anderson and Stuart Broad: "The bowlers were given so much power. But these guys ran the dressing room."

But, wasn't it KP who said he wanted Moores sacked as coach ?

Wasn't it KP who responded to a question about his views on the coach by the ECB which they then leaked?

I'm not sure why a captain wanted a failing coach replaced is a big deal anyway

Tommy Tradlles

Aug 22, 2014
Chichester
I know everyone hates KP and he is an egotist **** but personally i'm with him on this. There's been a lot of stuff from the few of the journalist who aren't crammed up the ECB arse about a very cliquey dressing room and quite often while watching matches you can see Swann/Broad or Anderson shouting at the field far too aggressively.
A few players have been jettisoned or ignored seemingly for being different.

How do you know what his says about Matt Prior is true? What is more he is now defending Alistair Cook but in June he was calling for him to be dropped . I don't think you can trust what KP says.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
In the absence of proper cricket this winter I'm actually quite looking forward to this book, much like KP on the cricket pitch it will most likely be flawed but at least provide some entertainment.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
How do you know what his says about Matt Prior is true? What is more he is now defending Alistair Cook but in June he was calling for him to be dropped . I don't think you can trust what KP says.

He'll say whatever his publisher and Piers Morgan tell him to.

keaton

Nov 18, 2004

I don't, I trust him more than anyone else in relation to this at the moment. Isn't he defending Cook as in he likes him a person and didn't have any issues with him? That's not incompatible with thinking he wasn't up to the job , as that's what pretty much every cricket writer said all summer

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
It's pretty obvious that there was an acidic atmosphere in the dressing room, I think KP has every right to speak out - The most talented batsmen in the England team and treated like cr*p. There's been a bit of a clique with the players and journalists for some time as well, certain players (and I would definitely included Prior) seemed to be wholly above any criticism......

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The whole fake twitter account did seem to get swept under the carpet a bit. KP got kicked out of the team for texting the South Africans, while it was pretty blatant that the clique of Broad, Prior and Swann were involed in publicly humiliating their own team mate and nothing was done about it.

As much as I liked them on the cricket pitch you do get the feeling that Swann and Prior are both a bit of a dick. Broad is a bit of a spoilt brat.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He's South African really, isn't he - questionable whether he should have been in the team anyway? But then, the England selectors do see to have an 'ABE' attitude as to who gets into their team

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's this alleged referring to himself as "the Big Cheese" from Prior which bugs me slightly, much as I want to side with him. Pietersen isn't the only player to mention this. Nicknames are things that other people foist upon you, sometimes welcomed, sometimes not. People who actually ASK to be called such things, (unless it's a case of him being given it and then using it himself in jest), are, I do feel, tools.

Reminds me of Paul Ince, who supposedly insisted on being referred to as "The Guvnor" at every club he arrived at. You don't get to decide that, Paul, and you'll probably find they referred to you as "The Massive ****" behind your back.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
It's this alleged referring to himself as "the Big Cheese" from Prior which bugs me slightly, much as I want to side with him. Pietersen isn't the only player to mention this. Nicknames are things that other people foist upon you, sometimes welcomed, sometimes not. People who actually ASK to be called such things, (unless it's a case of him being given it and then using it himself in jest), are, I do feel, tools.

Reminds me of Paul Ince, who supposedly insisted on being referred to as "The Guvnor" at every club he arrived at. You don't get to decide that, Paul, and you'll probably find they referred to you as "The Massive ****" behind your back.

Agree with Edna on this one. Going to be interesting to see how this plays out..

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Didn't tha Aussies call K.P. Figjam? As in " Fxxx im good, just ask me

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
What doesn't ring true here is that Strauss never wanted KP anywhere near the England team again whilst Prior was the one brokering between the two sides of the argument to get him back in.

So was Prior an evil bellend before that in which case, why did KP allow him to act onbhis behalf? Or did he just become that after the reintegration in which case what triggered the change?

More to this definitely

Although have to say that Paul Hayward has covered it brilliantly.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What doesn't ring true here is that Strauss never wanted KP anywhere near the England team again whilst Prior was the one brokering between the two sides of the argument to get him back in.

So was Prior an evil bellend before that in which case, why did KP allow him to act onbhis behalf? Or did he just become that after the reintegration in which case what triggered the change?

More to this definitely

Although have to say that Paul Hayward has covered it brilliantly.

Good point, still, it's all over now anyway. Maybe KP should just play cricket and get on with things and try to improve on his season high score of 39 in T20 this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here