Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your matchday routine and superstitions

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
No routine as such, but I have to have my season ticket card in my left hand trouser pocket, in the little wallet that the club provided with the seagulls on the emblems both on the card and wallet both pointing (flying) upwards, never downwards.

Also, I will never, ever open the programme before the match kicks off and always keep it the right way up in my pocket and/or hand.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Never scratch off the "first goal time" on my hatrick ticket until it has been scored.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm terrible at this. East Upper P&R Mithrus. Arriving at ground I must go down centre steps of right side set from the bus stop. Buy scratch card. First entrance and up steps. Burger & Harveys from second to last till. Seat. Do not scratch anything from card, especially the 1st goal time. Problems started at the first match with the first entrance closed. Then weeks of no cards. We're doomed.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I'm awful for this. There is an irrational side to me that is convinced we will suffer a horrific defeat unless I do all of the following:

1) Play Sussex-by-the-Sea full blast on my laptop via Spotify immediately before I depart.
2) Both lean against and sit on (I must do both) a metal railing that goes around the big mirror on platform 5 at Three Bridges.
3) If I buy a programme it must always be from the same booth: the first one on the left as you head down the ramp after traversing the station bridge.
4) I then enter the North Stand on the North East side before walking near the whole length of the concourse before heading to my seat in N1D.

I need to sort this out.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
When I get into the stadium, I get myself a pie, twin and a coke then go to my seat. Then when it gets to 25minutes before kick off I go and have a pre-match wee. Always do it.
I always have to wear an albion t-shirt, scarf,hat and jumper

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here