Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford boss admits Albion could have nicked it late on [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Watford manager Billy McKinlay admitted he could understand Albion being disappointed not to score a late winner.
But the newly-appointed Hornets boss felt yesterday’s 1-1 draw between the teams was a fair result.
McKinlay also admitted Watford, third in the table at kick-off, adapted their way of playing to cope with their 19th-placed opponents.
Lewis Dunk’s header cancelled out Daniel Tozser’s free-kick as spoils were shared at Vicarage Road.
McKinlay who has replaced Oscar Garcia in charge, said: “Up until the goal (by Dunk) we had limited them to very little.
“You could argue we didn’t create as much as we wanted to either, particularly in the first half, but I thought we were in good control of the game at the time.
“Obviously after the goal they had one or two half chances that they might have felt disappointed about not taking.
“But I was really pleased with our performance for a number of reasons.”
McKinlay admitted he was wary of Albion dimiataing possesion – and that influenced how he set his own team up.
He said: “I thought in the first half we didn’t create as much as we would have liked.
“I wanted to make sure the shape of our team was right through the middle of the pitch because Brighton are a very good team who control the game and cause teams all sorts of problems.
“We wanted to make sure we were not over-run in midfield and that probably took away an attacking edge, particularly in the first half.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here