Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet is to blame for the clubs current position

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Threw his toys out of the pram when TB made it clear we needed to cut our cloth accordingly. Bloom gave him all he wanted and needed and arguably he should have got us promoted in his last season with us. We are still picking up the pieces from that season, Sami will come good I am sure but TB is rightly now very cautious with the purse strings after Poyet under achieved with a good budget and total control over the club. Shame cause I want to remember all the good he did but when I see him on MOTD I can't help but shout f!@k off Poyet at the TV!

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Poyet's tenure with us can be likened to a long beer fart. It feels good at first, but then shit comes and a bad smell lingers for a while.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Personally I think both Poyet and, maybe even more so with the injuries, Oscar overachieved.
Poyet clearly left a far healthier squad than before his time here so not sure how he can be blamed.
The budget was good compared to the recent history of the club but compared to the rest of the league was nothing special.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Personally I think both Poyet and, maybe even more so with the injuries, Oscar overachieved.
Poyet clearly left a far healthier squad that before his time here so not sure how he can be blamed.
The budget was good compared to the recent history of the club but compared to the rest of the league was nothing special.

Nonsense. You are falling for the guff Poyet peddled his entire tenure. Look at the facts. Signed Kuszack (ex-man u) Vicente (ex-Valencia) CMS (30 plus goal scorer in L1) Bridge, Upson, Ulloa, Buckley, Orlandi and Lopez (all on good wages)......etc etc. He should have got us up. Look at Dyche and hate to say it Holloway and there budgets!! If your a good manager you dont need a load of wedge!

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Threw his toys out of the pram when TB made it clear we needed to cut our cloth accordingly. Bloom gave him all he wanted and needed and arguably he should have got us promoted in his last season with us. We are still picking up the pieces from that season, Sami will come good I am sure but TB is rightly now very cautious with the purse strings after Poyet under achieved with a good budget and total control over the club. Shame cause I want to remember all the good he did but when I see him on MOTD I can't help but shout f!@k off Poyet at the TV!

I didn't realise Bens Grandad had two accounts. Surely no one can be as stupid as him........can they?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Those players looked to him to motivate and prepare them, he was f%^king sulking and didn't do his jobs.

And yet we were a couple of quality saves from taking the lead before Bridge for the only time that season switched off for a second.

swervy_123

Dec 2, 2009
brighton
Does anyone else think he took bridcutt and Buckley out of spite unsettling both players, Bridcutt never gets a game and Buckley admitted his head was turned by sunderland(poyet) .

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Does anyone else think he took bridcutt and Buckley out of spite unsettling both players, Bridcutt never gets a game and Buckley admitted his head was turned by sunderland(poyet) .

Well If I was Sami I'd go and get Bridders and Murray in Jan and I think we would end up in the top 8 at least. Yes I think that might be the case, Bridders never getting in over Rodwell or Cattermole now!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the only "peices" we are still picking up from Poyet is those who cant seem to get over him leaving.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I think it's largely the fans fault. This may get some thumbs down but due to the results we've had (4th and 6th) there's this automatic assumption that we should be better than that and we should be pissing this league, whilst doing a disservice to the other 23 clubs all vying for the same thing. We've done really, really well in the 3 years we've been in the league but we should never, ever presume that we have a right to be a certain place in the league.
We're in probably the most competitive league in the world and are what I would call an 'established' championship club who other teams respect and not necessarily enjoy playing due to our style and ability to harm them. All that doesn't mean we should go up and anything less is a failure.
We've seen in recent years Burnley be one of the favourite for relegation and go up automatically. We've seen Reading start badly and go up. We've seen Palace struggle one year and go up the next - it's the unpredictability that makes it so hard to call - the fact that 4 points separate the top 10 teams shows the task ahead for all clubs.
I always hold hope that we'll win every game, but I'm not going to level blame at any one person (whether that be past or present) for where we finish or where we are now. It is what it is and we deal with it at the time, whether we're 1st or 24th.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Well If I was Sami I'd go and get Bridders and Murray in Jan and I think we would end up in the top 8 at least. Yes I think that might be the case, Bridders never getting in over Rodwell or Cattermole now!

How do you think we can match their wages? Answers on a postcard.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

There's no place for Bridcutt in this formation as there wasn't under Garcia.

He was a fantastic performer under Gus but slows down play too much to have an impact in this type of midfield.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I think it's largely the fans fault. This may get some thumbs down but due to the results we've had (4th and 6th) there's this automatic assumption that we should be better than that and we should be pissing this league, whilst doing a disservice to the other 23 clubs all vying for the same thing. We've done really, really well in the 3 years we've been in the league but we should never, ever presume that we have a right to be a certain place in the league.
We're in probably the most competitive league in the world and are what I would call an 'established' championship club who other teams respect and not necessarily enjoy playing due to our style and ability to harm them. All that doesn't mean we should go up and anything less is a failure.
We've seen in recent years Burnley be one of the favourite for relegation and go up automatically. We've seen Reading start badly and go up. We've seen Palace struggle one year and go up the next - it's the unpredictability that makes it so hard to call - the fact that 4 points separate the top 10 teams shows the task ahead for all clubs.
I always hold hope that we'll win every game, but I'm not going to level blame at any one person (whether that be past or present) for where we finish or where we are now. It is what it is and we deal with it at the time, whether we're 1st or 24th.

Thats far to sensible a post. I agree with some of it I just think that GP acted like a total cock over a few months with us an arguably wasted the best chance we had of going up by sulking.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
There's no place for Bridcutt in this formation as there wasn't under Garcia.

He was a fantastic performer under Gus but slows down play too much to have an impact in this type of midfield.

Amazing. The best attribute he had was starting attacks when getting the ball from the CB. Holla is probably as good or better but if LB was in the team Holla could cause more damage up top.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Thats far to sensible a post. I agree with some of it I just think that GP acted like a total cock over a few months with us an arguably wasted the best chance we had of going up by sulking.

You could say we threw it away on the first game of the season at Hull, where at 0-0, Bruno switched off for a second & let Hull score in the last 2 minutes. We threw away those 2 points which would have been enough to go up automatically above Hull.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here