Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Genesis - BBC2 now

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Just in case anyone's interested, special programme on Genesis then TOTP2: Genesis after.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I was interested to begin with, but just like their music, the more I saw/heard the more bored I became.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Sky+ this and the TOTP afterwards. Have watched the first 40 mins or so - good so far.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Available now on iPlayer. Downloading it now to watch on train home from London tomorrow :thumbsup:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The very last, post Collins album, appears to have been airbrushed from history.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
The very last, post Collins album, appears to have been airbrushed from history.
Indeed :lolol: Also, maybe I briefly left the room for a moment but I didn't see any mention of 'Wind & Wuthering'.

edit: although they did play 'Your Own Special Way' so maybe I missed it.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
You could always Turn it on Again.

I tried but there was no reply at all, more fool me for trying eh? Anyway I left my home by the sea earlier today and I'm now back in the land of confusion, or France as the locals refer to it, so I can't get iPlayer. Let's hope that it gets a big screen release over here and I can take in a cinema show to broaden my horizons. Anyway must dash because my supper's ready and if I don't eat it tonight tonight tonight I'll end up throwing it all away instead of basking in the afterglow of Dominos pizza.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Just in case anyone's interested, special programme on Genesis then TOTP2: Genesis after.
Not bad 4 a nostalgia trip. Did not learn much except that the house they practiced in back in the late 60s seems to have moved from Chobham according to Collins a few years ago, to Chesington on a more recent documentary to Dorking in this program. Looked more like a mini mansion than a mobile home!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I tried but there was no reply at all, more fool me for trying eh? Anyway I left my home by the sea earlier today and I'm now back in the land of confusion, or France as the locals refer to it, so I can't get iPlayer. Let's hope that it gets a big screen release over here and I can take in a cinema show to broaden my horizons. Anyway must dash because my supper's ready and if I don't eat it tonight tonight tonight I'll end up throwing it all away instead of basking in the afterglow of Dominos pizza.
I believed your story initially more fool me, but then read behind the lines and saw the trick of the tail. Doh, doh! Don't understand it at all. tell me why, i guess it's just the way of the world, that's all.

Not as good by any means but I felt I should at least try :D

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I turned off as soon as they gave Jonathan King the air of publicity:censored:

I thought they were banning these people going forward, seemed very strange to me as well.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
To be fair it's a big subject to squeeze into 90 minutes but the editor was wrong to allow there not to be a mention of Hacket's credible and popular solo work yet mentioned the privileged Banks solo work which by their standards were failed projects. The bad omission was made worse by annoying talking heads like ex funny man Bill Murray which was a bad use of limited time.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Possibly the dullest thing I've watched since the Wrexham fa cup match.

So why did you watch it? Has your tv not got a "switch off" button, or " change the channel" button?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
To be fair it's a big subject to squeeze into 90 minutes but the editor was wrong to allow there not to be a mention of Hacket's credible and popular solo work yet mentioned the privileged Banks solo work which by their standards were failed projects. The bad omission was made worse by annoying talking heads like ex funny man Bill Murray which was a bad use of limited time.

Are you going to see steve Hackett at brighton Center later this month? It's the genesis revisited 2 tour and amongst others he plays full version of suppers ready and musical box

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here