Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can't believe a few on here were saying to 'cash' in on him in Jan....

Everytime he plays he excites and scares the shite out of opposing players. Give him a long contract now pls - not even up for discussion surely!!!!

Players like him are invaluable....

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
Well said, he is the one player who can scare the opposition so much that the only way they can stop him is by fouling him! Get him a contract now!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
He was excellent today. I really feel he is best as an attacker when he is used as a sub. Weary Watford had no answer to him. I think he has improved as a starter but his impact as a second half sub is massive.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It doesn't always work out starting him, but he really was terrific when he came on today. At least 3 dangerous crosses slammed low across their box after skinning the fullback, unreal that absolutely nobody gambled to get on the end of one - he really can do no more than that. He worked his nuts off tracking back as well, making up a LOT of ground to get a challenge in and hold up some of their dangerous breaks.

With him, Holla and Paddy on the pitch we look a completely different side. Had that trio started, I think we'd have won. I was in the home end with a Watford supporting mate, him and his crowd could not believe we hadn't started with him. And looking at the performance of Colunga, I couldn't argue.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He was excellent today. I really feel he is best as an attacker when he is used as a sub. Weary Watford had no answer to him. I think he has improved as a starter but his impact as a second half sub is massive.

Give him and Texeirra half each!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

Everytime he plays he excites and scares the shite out of opposing players. Give him a long contract now pls - not even up for discussion surely!!!!

Totally agree. Ask fans of other teams who they thought our best player was or who they thought the biggest threat was and they all seem to say LuaLua. No surprise that the more frequently he is playing, the better he is getting.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
It doesn't always work out starting him, but he really was terrific when he came on today. At least 3 dangerous crosses slammed low across their box after skinning the fullback, unreal that absolutely nobody gambled to get on the end of one - he really can do no more than that. He worked his nuts off tracking back as well, making up a LOT of ground to get a challenge in and hold up some of their dangerous breaks.

With him, Holla and Paddy on the pitch we look a completely different side. Had that trio started, I think we'd have won. I was in the home end with a Watford supporting mate, him and his crowd could not believe we hadn't started with him. And looking at the performance of Colunga, I couldn't argue.

Sounded like a different game after the subs came on.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
He does as he has pace and skill. He does need to keep improving his end product though. If this was more consistant then he would not only be a regular starter for us he would prob have a fair few PL teams wanting his signiture

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
He does as he has pace and skill. He does need to keep improving his end product though. If this was more consistant then he would not only be a regular starter for us he would prob have a fair few PL teams wanting his signiture

And the fact that he isn't and there are not Shirley speaks volumes.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Thought he had a good game starting Tuesday night and a great game as sub today. Finally looking the real deal. Likely he'll bigger off for nothing end of the season. We really are poor at securing our better players for the long term.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Top post. Agree 100%. Paddy will score goal of the season in the Championship. Just watch, he will.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In his last two substitute appearances (Blackpool and Watford) a total of 5 players have been booked for fouling Lualua in 73 minutes of playing time. Tired teams simply cannot handle him.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

Agree mate but then have been saying that a decent run in the team is all he needs as a confidence player.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I said it some weeks ago, and I have to concur with [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION], it's time to tie him into a long contract, not wait till his current one expires and then take forever sorting out a new deal, risking the chance of someone coming in for him.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Was absolutely superb. Think he's best when he comes off the bench personally. Before McCourt, he was the only player who actually ran at players. He absolutely terrorised the tired defence of Watford and he did that against Forest last year. Always been a big defender of him, as I think he's a player that makes things happen. Not sure if anyone else noticed, but at one point on the left hand side, he had 3 defenders on him. Other teams know he's a massive threat too.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In his last two substitute appearances (Blackpool and Watford) a total of 5 players have been booked for fouling Lualua in 73 minutes of playing time. Tired teams simply cannot handle him.

Why did he stop running at the player who had been booked for hacking him down. Buckley used to do the same get a player booked then back off and leave him alone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here