Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colunga is happy OFF the pitch - now he is backed to shine ON it [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Cometh*the hour cometh the little matador.
At least that is what Albion will be hoping for with Adrian Colunga at Watford today.
The Spanish striker, on the bench for Tuesday’s 1-1 draw against Cardiff, is poised for an immediate return to the starting line-up at Vicarage Road, with Craig Mackail-Smith sidelined by hamstring trouble and Sam Baldock (calf) expected to be fit enough at best for the bench.
Colunga’s recall coincides with signs that the former Getafe man is finding his feet in English football following his most encouraging performance so far in last Saturday’s 0-0 stalemate at Nottingham Forest.
Manager Sami Hyypia told The Argus: “It’s not always easy to make a step to a new country and a new club.
“I spoke to him before the Nottingham game and he said off the pitch he is very happy.
“The family have settled very well and the club has done a good job of helping him to settle.
“He has started to speak English as well and that’s good that he can communicate with the players much better.
“I think the Nottingham game was the best game I’ve seen from him and that’s the way to continue.
“I know that there’s more in him that what he has shown and he knows that himself as well.
“Now we need to help him, all of us at the club, to get the best out of him.”
Albion have six players either injured or suspended, including midfielders Jake Forster-Caskey and Dale Stephens.
Kemy Agustien has been fast-tracked back into squad contention as a consequence following the Dutchman’s comeback from a twisted ankle in the under-21s on Monday evening against Wolves.
Hyypia admitted: “He has been out for a while and I would have liked him to play a few games in the DS (development squad) first but now we have this situation with a few injured and suspensions he comes into contention to take part in the game.
“You have to go with what you have and have trust and faith in the players who can play.
“I have no problem with that. I’ve said the squad is okay and I think we will be able to cope with this situation.”
The banned Forster-Caskey (England Under-21s), Christian Walton (England Under-20s), Gordon Greer (Scotland) and Paddy McCourt and Aaron Hughes (Northern Ireland) are away on international duty after the Watford game.
Hyypia is optimistic but not certain that Mackail-Smith will be available when Albion return to action against Middlesbrough at the Amex on October 18.
A scan on Thursday revealed slight damage to the hamstring Mackail-Smith hurt in the second half against Cardiff.
Hyypia is loathed to take any risks today with Baldock, who missed the draws against Forest and Cardiff.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here