Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jose Riga

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We have a good manager who is a decent chap (as you put it). Can't think of any reason we should have gone for Riga instead but then nor can you I'm sure. Just on your usual wind-up :nono:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
:fishing:

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
What about Blackpools recruitment policy ? How many points would they have with Hyppia as manager ?

I'm not in total disagreement, just think he has been given one of the most average and one dimensional forward lines in the division.

Cardiff were there for the taking as were Blackpool. The fact that we still couldn't beat either is very worrying.

I would have gone for a proven Championship manager but we know they don't want anyone who will want to run the football side at the club. First team coaches are unfortunately are where we are at.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
is it that more and more clubs appear to be engaging more " yes men" type managers and less of those who want to do it their way as per Mourinho and Ferguson.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
quite happy with Sami
thankyou

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I thought we were all over the moon with our transfer window business,so much so Tony bloom was boasting that he was in the pub on the last day of the transfer window.

My argument is that here we are in October & our manager is forever saying that the players are still adapting to his way of playing.
Its not as if like last season we have been crippled by injuries.I think Solly March is our only long term absentee.

Sooner rather than later we need to put up or shut up

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I can't get to games but listen on Seagull Player. I know they must be biased but you cannot ignore the chances from the oppo. It seemed to me that we absolutely battered Cardiff and their goalie had a world class performance, record number of saves, or something. I read he made 8 saves and our goalie made 1 mistake. That is football in a nutshell.
As this season progresses I am very optimistic because I think we have a strong manager who believes in his way of playing the game. Gus Poyet was exactly the same. I just hope that Sami does not get stars in his eyes and start on a huge ego trip. Somehow I don't think he will.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm not in total disagreement, just think he has been given one of the most average and one dimensional forward lines in the division

I tend to agree, we have a League One forward line who have come up short in every game this season. Time for them to actually produce and for us to stop claiming bad luck and world class performances by opposition keepers virtually every game. We are a fifth of the way through the season FFS

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Should have been our manager, seems a very decent chap as well as a good manager

Charlton didn't seem to think so. I remember us playing them off the park last year under Riga's stewardship, one of the worst team's to visit the Amex in terms of playing style.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here