Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play Paddy FFS!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'm sure Sami is reading this and taking notes as we speak.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Sadly it's not about what the fans want. It's about what's best for the team and whilst I'm sure all our fans have the teams best interests at heart but we only see it from our own inexperienced point of view. It's all well and good demanding that Sami starts him but if he's not fit he's going to be more of a hinderence than a help. Better to be used as a sub and play the last 30/40 minutes than play him from the off and have him be out of steam 30 minutes in.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
He should be in the team.

It is not often that we have a player in our squad with God-like genius, but Paddy is clearly from another dimension.

Please play McCourt. Paddy McCourt.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
i want to see him given 30+ minutes in the second half. 10 and 7 minutes are not long enough in my opinion.

Buckeejit

Sep 21, 2014
Amen to all the above... a huge part of watching the Albion these days is the tantalising possibility that he might come on and I'll see a player that reminds me of how I felt when I first fell in love with football as a kid...a magical thing! More than 5/10 mins Sami, please!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would sooner that he didnt start and we went into the last 30 mins at least level then perhaps bring him on to try to win the game.. Starting him may be too adventurous.= ad leave us open at the back and we all know what Vydra can do if that is the case.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
who are you leaving out ?

Please dont say Caskey, they dont play the same role

Thankfully he is suspended.

That said, in the press conference it sounds like Sami is considering Augustien as he has recovered from his injury. I just hope this means the Derry Pele starts & the Dutch Belly sits on the bench.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sadly it's not about what the fans want. It's about what's best for the team and whilst I'm sure all our fans have the teams best interests at heart but we only see it from our own inexperienced point of view. It's all well and good demanding that Sami starts him but if he's not fit he's going to be more of a hinderence than a help. Better to be used as a sub and play the last 30/40 minutes than play him from the off and have him be out of steam 30 minutes in.

If he's not fit enough for 90 minutes, why do you think he would be more effective in the last 30 minutes than he would be in the first 50 or 60? Your argument just doesn't add up. Stick him on from the start - if he's out of puff by the time we're two or three up, what would be your problem?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Thankfully he is suspended.

That said, in the press conference it sounds like Sami is considering Augustien as he has recovered from his injury. I just hope this means the Derry Pele starts & the Dutch Belly sits on the bench.

I must have been dreaming, but for a few short days I imagined we'd loaned out Agustien for the season................

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
If he's not fit enough for 90 minutes, why do you think he would be more effective in the last 30 minutes than he would be in the first 50 or 60? Your argument just doesn't add up. Stick him on from the start - if he's out of puff by the time we're two or three up, what would be your problem?

Dead right, start him and let him put us in a winning position (hopefully) rather than stick him on late when we're chasing the game and then expect miracles.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
We're in danger of going a bit Braveheart with Paddy McCourt aren't we.

I heard that if Sammi plays him he'll consume all the other teams with fireballs from his eyes and lightning bolts out his arse!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here