Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

H982 fkl

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
There's no such thing as bad publicity, for some at least...

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
What are you talking about?

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Jeremy Clarkson driving round Argentina in a Porsche 968 with the registration H982 FKL, seemingly an oblique reference to 1982 and the Falklands.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
If you start a war of conquest, and lose it, then you have no right to be sensitive about it....

Conversely if you start a war of conquest and win it you have a right to be incredibly sensitive about it.
Unless that's a special exemption for Israel - they seem to have a few.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The car was smashed up by angry Argies, could this really be the demise of Clarkson or will he survive another of this jolly Top Gear japes ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Seems utterly intent on ending his career. Breathtakingly arrogant.

And yet the production team have said they brought the car not the gentleman you're talking about.

Regardless, the Argies have been w@nkers recently to stuff their sensitivities.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I'd love to be a fly on the wall in a Top Gear production meeting. I'm sure it would be along the lines of this 'let's black Jeremy up, get him to go through customs with a Ferrari ruck sake with some wires and plasticine hanging out and see if he beats James May back to England in a Fiat 500 including being locked up. Too far? Ok how about Richard Hammond drives a Lamborghini as fast as he can until his disabled passenger throws up? What about which car has the best gear stick for a bird to orgasm against?

I doubt anything I can dream up hasn't been suggested.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Gosh those lads are so NAUGHTY aren't they. So very CHEEKY. Like naughty little LADS. Ooh, they've been naughty and provocative AGAIN. Teehee.

Christ almighty, they are just so f**king, f**king DULL, those three bellends and their gobshite puppeteers (and for the record, I have absolutely zero truck with Argentina's even duller claim to the Falklands, hope it goes without saying).

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
This is a car license plate that warranted an entire production team being threatened with violence......seriously?

WTF is the world coming to when you have to check your registration documents in case the random lettering could cause offence.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I see on the BBC website, the production team are saying it's pure coincidence about the number plate.
Really???

It really is ridiculous isn't it.

I,m not at all surprised the Argentinians were incensed over this. Falklands disputed ownership to one side...they lost a lot of lives in that conflict and to go to their country with their sad little programme of japes is beyond contempt.

The production teams response of "what...us ?" is symptomatic of the BBC and there blind ignorance as to what is and what is not acceptable in todays society. No wonder Jimmy Savile got away with it so long.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I actually quite enjoy Clarkson's writing, his Times column is usually an amusing read.

But he / the Top Gear production team have been a COLLOSAL bunch of twats over this. And to try and claim the numberplate had no significance, or that they were somehow unaware, just insults the intelligence.

You've been a bunch of dickheads, and this time your prank backfired because people genuinely reacted violently to the provocation. There's no chuckling or mug-facing your way out of this one chaps.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here